+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my husband from Iran

naz59

Jan 6, 2012
Hello :‎

I got married last Dec and I have been living with my husband since then in Iran; I am a Canadian citizen ‎and I know I can sponsor my spouse without being in Canada. But how do I prove that we are planning on ‎moving to Canada when my spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include what? ‎
‎-Having arranged housing means: ‎
We have to rent a place in Canada from now and pay, even though we dont know how long it’s gonna take ‎to get his PR??! We can’t afford it, with dollar rate which is going up every day. ‎

‎-letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while ‎you look for housing etc
We have a family friend in Toronto, who is willing to write an agreement with us (without receiving money) ‎saying that He is gonna give the basement of his house (which it does not even have a kitchen or ‎bathroom, its empty) as gift of marriage so we can go and stay there?! But does this agreement need to be ‎written from now, or from when we got there?! Is it enough though??! How should it be written?‎

‎-We have 2 apartments in Iran that we are planning to sell them and bring the money in to Canada, when ‎he gets his PR. Can we use this as proving document?‎
‎ ‎
‎-having arranged jobs:‎
Job offer is not an option for me, because I haven’t finished my school yet and I don’t have a degree. ‎

‎-I didn’t have any income for the past 12 months:‎
Will we get rejected?‎

‎-Does the student loan and bad credit can affect our application?!‎

I desperately need help with this issue :(
:'(

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Hi,

No, you do not have to have a house by the time you apply, but you can also show your "plans". For example, you could contact a real estate agent in the area you are planning to live and discuss your plans, then provide some examples of this correspondence in your application.

The letter from a friend saying you can stay with him is good. To make it stronger evidence you could have it notarized, but I don't think that is necessary. It should be formal in tone, and specific, but it does not have to be a contract or anything.

If you have proof that you will be selling your apartments in Iran, that is good evidence. You could also show that your husband's employer knows that he will be leaving his job once he gets PR.

You can show that you are looking for/applying for part time jobs, it doesn't have to be a "career" type job.

Your income will not matter, however, you need to show that you two have a plan to support yourselves once you get to Canada. Student loans and bad credit should not be an issue as long as you are not bankrupt.

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
Hi Naz, I though I wrote this thread. My situation is so much like yours. I sent my application in December 2011, CIC received it in January 4, 2012. I'm sponsoring my husband and I am living in Iran with him until he gets his papers (hopefully soon). I am living here in Iran for the last 10 months and am married for 2 months. Very similar circumstances. I am sooooo stressed ....

L

laleh_d

Hey girls,
I have the exact same situation. I have sent my husband's application in December and I have been staying with him in Tehran for the past 11 months.My family members are in Canada though. We are waiting for the application to be processed. Does any of you know how long it might take? I am planning to go back to Canada in a couple of months to find a job so that the application won't get rejected because of my unemployment.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Hey,
Why don't you guys join us here and share your time lines with the other Damascus members?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/damascusspousal-since-jan-2010-or-late-2009-t51197.11730.html
Also you might be interested to hear that in the last few days there have been some phone calls from Damascus to some members that files will be transferred from Damascus to Amman, Beirut and Ankara. For Iranians it will go to Ankara visa office. They have also said that they will be sending notifications to all of us by the end of January ...

L

laleh_d

Hi Vivi. I just found this website so I'm finding my way through the site. I am so glad to find these threads. Thank you for your efforts.

L

laleh_d

Vivi, if the applications are sent to Ankara, does it mean that it would take lees time for applications to be processed?

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
laleh_d said:
Vivi, if the applications are sent to Ankara, does it mean that it would take lees time for applications to be processed?
Laleh jan,
I think that for the people who have just started this journey, probably yes less time, but for me people like me who have already waited 9 months since Damascus got the file I don't think it will be that much different.
Damascus usually took something around 10-11 months to finalize the files. Also take a look at this chart members have made, it will give you an idea of how Damascus timelines are like ...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtfQZUdQjnUFdEtqNlF3UTljZDVkeW9Ka0FNQjJNV1E#gid=0

L

laleh_d

wow 9months is a long time. I'm guessing it's not unusual for them to have applicants resend their medical forms since the process might take longer than a year. I hope you'll get an answer soon.Thank you for the info Vivi jan.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
laleh_d said:
wow 9months is a long time. I'm guessing it's not unusual for them to have applicants resend their medical forms since the process might take longer than a year. I hope you'll get an answer soon.Thank you for the info Vivi jan.
merci & khahesh mikonam laleh jan.
and about the medicals, yeah they usually ask people to redo them. best wishes :)

naz59

Jan 6, 2012
Hello:

My husband just got his medical exam done, but since I am waiting for my Option c paper from revenue Canada; we haven’t sent the whole document to immigration yet. His doctor says they have to send a report separately to France and I afraid if they send it before immigration gets our paper!! What is gonna happen?!!

I know we also have to send a paper give from doctor along with other documents, but would that be an issue later on if France receives my husband's medical papers before immigration?!!

Please help :(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

naz59 said:
Hello:

My husband just got his medical exam done, but since I am waiting for my Option c paper from revenue Canada; we haven't sent the whole document to immigration yet. His doctor says they have to send a report separately to France and I afraid if they send it before immigration gets our paper!! What is gonna happen?!!

I know we also have to send a paper give from doctor along with other documents, but would that be an issue later on if France receives my husband's medical papers before immigration?!!

Please help :(
Nothing. CHC will wait until they receive the application at the overseas office, before accessing the medical on line. You include the receipt copy of the IMM 1017 from the DMP with the application

naz59

Jan 6, 2012
Thanks.

So you mean we should let the doctor to release the information to France office before immigration office in Canada receives our documents?! And this will be ok?!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
naz59 said:
Thanks.

So you mean we should let the doctor to release the information to France office before immigration office in Canada receives our documents?! And this will be ok?!
Yes.