+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Chinese spouse

Shian

Mar 17, 2008
Hi, First off, the knowledge shared on this website has been a tremendous help in finding info on this topic. However I am flying to China to marry by longtime GF next month and would like to know if i am forgetting anything in order to begin the PRV application:

1) my single doccument
2) my medical certificate-obtained in China
3) her police check/medical check
4) her Birth certificate? do i need the original?

Does anyone know of anything else I might need? Can anyone recommend a translation service here in Canada?From the timelines I have found its about 4 months of processing in Beijing and 32 days here, does anyone know if 5 months is about right? Thanks in advance

Shian

Mar 17, 2008
Thanks, I have read everythign I can find on the CIC website. There is one doccument I am not familiar with, as listed on the Chinese Embassy's website I need a "Proof of reliable income", is anyone familiar with this doccument?

rodgirs

Apr 5, 2011
Hi, yes 5 months is about right. I filed my sposorship papers early Dec, had them returned and sent back in January. Approved and recieved March 8th in Beijing. Interview is on May 25th. I am travelling to Beijing to attend the Interview with my wife. I hope it is a help and we can have our reunion in June....so a long 5 months.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Shian said:
Thanks, I have read everythign I can find on the CIC website. There is one doccument I am not familiar with, as listed on the Chinese Embassy's website I need a "Proof of reliable income", is anyone familiar with this doccument?
Maybe contact the Chinese Embassy in Canada and ask them what kind of thing they expect you to provide, since Canada does not have such a document.
I would guess an employment letter from your employer listing your starting date and salary, plus a copy of your income tax assessment, would be enough. Make sure to get it officially stamped/notarized.