+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband!

chiflis

Sep 14, 2012
Hello all,

Would like to get so input from somebody and maybe start being optimistic again.

I am sponsoring my husband who lives in El Salvador. Our story is quite diferent since we were married when we were 21. Got divorced because he didn t want to live in Canada, ( i am canadian and had met him on vacation in El salvador)

Years passed and 2 years ago, we got back together. He s been my only love and never forgot him. We are now 38 years old. I started sponsoring him as a common law because things were a bit complicated, because he was still married to me in el salvador. I divorced in Canada, so we had to annul or validate that divorce in el salvador in order to remarry! Like i said my story is quite diferent.

We got married in June of this year.

He had an interview in March where they told him they would make a final decision soon....

In July he got a letter saying he had to redo his medical exams.

I am also sponsoring his 14 year old boy.

in August another email saying they never got exams and if he had done them. We have receipt and proof of seding all documents.

I don t want to lose him again, and honestly it feels like immigration takes their sweet time just so to test long distance relationship . Problem is i help him financially and it is not easy!

Anybody have any opinion about this? IS there any chance it will get refused or take longer because it started as conjugal spouse and now as married?

I live in province of quebec. Mentioning it cause unfortunately there are diferent rules for Quebec.

Thanking for you any feedback i could get.

M

Barbarita

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Med's Request
26-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
WAIVED SO FAR !!
Passport Req..
09-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
Hello,

I am in the same situation as you...and I was wondering what did happen since then ? is your husband finally with you ? please let me know how is everything going..take care bye