+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Native,Lois Lane,dair2dv8103100,kbor,,,and the other friends here,,,thank you very much for your help,,,i know inshallah soon i will hear some good news,,,
but as i said,i can't check it on that imigration website,i dont know,why,i put everything right,and they say,unable to check,,,,that's weird,,,right ?!!!!!lol :p

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
gladiateur19 said:
hello kebbor,,,im talking about mississauga dear friend,and not the ambassy here,i already know how long it takes here,i do have a brother and friends who got married with canadian women and i was with them while they were waiting
but when i said 2 months,i meant mississauga,,,what u just said,is a bit weird for me that there was people waitinf 4 months to know if they are being acepted to sponsor theire spouse or not,,,sorry,,,but it really looks weird,i never heard about that,,,but i heard about people waiting over then a year for the ambassy at theire contries to make a dicision and call them to let them know what they have decided,
anyway,,thank you very much for your message,,,i know im going to hear something good soon inshallah
When you enter your personal information in ecas, are you putting your wife's birthdate and information, or yours? If you do not put your information instead of hers it will say there is no file found. Try that and see. I went through the same thing when sponsoring my husband, I was putting my information and not his on ecas and kept getting no file found.
Good luck with everything

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hoping75 said:
When you enter your personal information in ecas, are you putting your wife's birthdate and information, or yours? If you do not put your information instead of hers it will say there is no file found. Try that and see. I went through the same thing when sponsoring my husband, I was putting my information and not his on ecas and kept getting no file found.
Good luck with everything
THANK YOU hoping75,i just tried what u said to me,,,but still nothing,,i was trying before my wife's birthdate and information,just a few mins ago i tried my name and my information,,,still the same,no file found,,,
anyway thank you very much ,,,,

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
gladiateur19,
unfortunately CIC does not update whether they have received your application or not.you will not be able to access ECAS until they have made a decision on your case.when they have completed their check,meaning that your wife is approved as a sponsor,your ECAS will show decision made,we will notify you in writing of our decision.you will not even know what that decision is until you receive the letter from them.until then,even though you keep putting yours and your wife's info,it will not show anything.the good news is it's almost time for you to hear something from them,good luck.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
sierra_rose said:
gladiateur19,
unfortunately CIC does not update whether they have received your application or not.you will not be able to access ECAS until they have made a decision on your case.when they have completed their check,meaning that your wife is approved as a sponsor,your ECAS will show decision made,we will notify you in writing of our decision.you will not even know what that decision is until you receive the letter from them.until then,even though you keep putting yours and your wife's info,it will not show anything.the good news is it's almost time for you to hear something from them,good luck.
thank you sierra_rose,,,im just wondering why it takes so long,most of people that send theire applications on june got all letters as they have been approved or rejected,,,or returned,,,,
my application is there since 18th june,,so it's almost 2 months now,,,that's what makes me worried,,,

kbor

Aug 14, 2010
this is for you Gladiateur i think you missunderstood me ,you named yourself a gladiateur so u have to be just like a gladiateur ...the process of the paper work takes some time before you hear anything and subhana allah i remember when my wife sent the application in to mississauga it was on jeune 20 so just like u guys my wife called them and they told her that they received the app and then they sent her a letter but still we werent able to access to our online application untill sept so be patient and be a gladiateur you will hear from them soon...ga3 lhaja li katji bzarba katmchi bzarba ....la zarba 3la slah

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
kbor said:
this is for you Gladiateur i think you missunderstood me ,you named yourself a gladiateur so u have to be just like a gladiateur ...the process of the paper work takes some time before you hear anything and subhana allah i remember when my wife sent the application in to mississauga it was on jeune 20 so just like u guys my wife called them and they told her that they received the app and then they sent her a letter but still we werent able to access to our online application untill sept so be patient and be a gladiateur you will hear from them soon...ga3 lhaja li katji bzarba katmchi bzarba ....la zarba 3la slah
okay okay Mr kbor,,,heheheh ;),,,thank you very much for your message,anyway,my wife is going to call them tomorrow and just know what is going on,i have to be patient,,,yes,i do agree,but you have to see what i wrote,,,at the website,they are saying the process takes 42 days,my application has been received at 18th june,,,we are almost 60 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so,,,what do you think about that brother?
please dont misunderstood me,im not in rush(mazerban walo a khoya)but i just wanna know what is going on,i even can't check it online,so,that doesnt make sense,,,but inshallah,i know im going to hear soon from them
where are u from exactely brother?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
So I think I have everything in order that I need on my end....so...my next question is...does anyone have a list of papers my fiance needs on his end...I know he has spoken to a couple of Aduls but I think he is getting himself confused in his anxiousness. He is very worried about the time frame we are looking at when I go.

I think one of the good things we have for us is that his brother in law works for the government. Him and another brother in law are going to accompany us through the whole thing. I will feel much better having their support.

Anyway, if anyone has a "to do" list for him I would appreciate it.

Thanks ;D

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! Activity here.

Ok, @ gladiateur19 - ask you know, current processing times for CPC Mississauga are 42 days from the date of receipt. They are current processing files received up to July 2nd. Your wife, the Canadian sponsor, will receive a reply regarding the acceptance of her sponsorship. Inland processing (this part IS inland) is usually updated on Tuesdays so check again tomorrow using the receipt number and your wife's name and birthdate. Make sure you are spelling her name EXACTLY correct and that you are stating her birth country correctly as well. It is strange that there is nothing in ECAS yet. Hopefully something will show up soon.

@ kbor - no, you cannot sponsor your brother through the federal system unless you are both ophans, not married and have no other living relatives in the world. Depending on which province you live in, you may be able to sponsor your brother through the Provincial Nominee Program but only a couple of provinces offer this. I believe only Alberta and Manitoba. I know that Quebec, BC and Ontario DO NOT have a family stream. Sorry.

@ dair2dv8 - I hope one of the Moroccan men on here can reply to you. He should have gotten the list from the Adul and he should follow that. Or maybe he could talk to one of the Moroccans on this forum to help him. I know Moroccan culture and they like to "ask" someone who has done it themselves. In Canada, we can find just about everything we need to know on internet websites posted by the government. Not the same in Morocco. Processes can even vary by city. So getting him talking to someone who has been there and done that would help ease his mind.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
@ kbor - no, you cannot sponsor your brother through the federal system unless you are both ophans, not married and have no other living relatives in the world. Depending on which province you live in, you may be able to sponsor your brother through the Provincial Nominee Program but only a couple of provinces offer this. I believe only Alberta and Manitoba. I know that Quebec, BC and Ontario DO NOT have a family stream. Sorry.
Saskatchewan also has family stream.

As for the federal requirements to sponsor "another" family member, the sponsor can not be married and can have no close relatives who are PR or citizens and also can not have close relatives in another country that he qualifies to sponsor such as living parents, regardless of it they actually want to be sponsored or not. The brother could be married. A few years ago the brother would have to be single as well but they changed that.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
rjessome said:
Wow! Activity here.

Ok, @ gladiateur19 - ask you know, current processing times for CPC Mississauga are 42 days from the date of receipt. They are current processing files received up to July 2nd. Your wife, the Canadian sponsor, will receive a reply regarding the acceptance of her sponsorship. Inland processing (this part IS inland) is usually updated on Tuesdays so check again tomorrow using the receipt number and your wife's name and birthdate. Make sure you are spelling her name EXACTLY correct and that you are stating her birth country correctly as well. It is strange that there is nothing in ECAS yet. Hopefully something will show up soon.

@ dair2dv8 - I hope one of the Moroccan men on here can reply to you. He should have gotten the list from the Adul and he should follow that. Or maybe he could talk to one of the Moroccans on this forum to help him. I know Moroccan culture and they like to "ask" someone who has done it themselves. In Canada, we can find just about everything we need to know on internet websites posted by the government. Not the same in Morocco. Processes can even vary by city. So getting him talking to someone who has been there and done that would help ease his mind.
my wife did call them today,they said,they will look inot it,and asked her to call them back in couple days,,they said it's unusual,,,,lol,,,,
i really dont know what to say more,,,,
but i did hear actually that some people took them 3 months to hear from mississauga,,,,

kbor

Aug 14, 2010
Gladiateur i told you that some people takes them even more than 3mths to hear from mississauga that is not what iam hoping for you i wish you would hear from them by this week or so oh and you wont be able to access to your online application untill your paper work gets to rabat and start processing them so good luck....well bro im from khemisset and now i live in ontario canada with my wife so how about you??

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
kbor said:
Gladiateur i told you that some people takes them even more than 3mths to hear from mississauga that is not what iam hoping for you i wish you would hear from them by this week or so oh and you wont be able to access to your online application untill your paper work gets to rabat and start processing them so good luck....well bro im from khemisset and now i live in ontario canada with my wife so how about you??
im from agadir bro,,,but when i was talking about checking it online,,i was using my wife's informations,,,anyway,,i hope inshallah i will hear good news,,ya rab
how long it took you the process at mississauga bro,and at rabat?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
@ rjessome

Yes, he keeps trying to ask people...LOL...everyone tells him many things and I think it is just confusing him. Part of the problem is he does not know anyone that married another Canadian...it is either Australian or European or other...and everywhere is a little different. Plus the one man and his wife decided while she was there to get married so she had no papers with her so it took longer because she had to contact her government and work and family to get all that they needed.

He spoke with 3 Aduls and things where pretty similar (just a minor differences)

It is really that he is more concerned about timing than anything else. We only have 3 weeks as that is all the time my work would give me so we are both a little worried that this will not be long enough. That is why we are trying to get everything prepared before that we can ie: I will be sending certified copies of my papers for translation before I arrive etc I know others have posted that it was in 10 or 12 days...but they never said if that included weekends or just business days because I am not sure anything will be open on the weekends for us to do.

We both don't want to end up not being able to do it after everything we are preparing. We have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and we really want to get on with our lives.

God willing it will be enough time!!