+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Alcantara

Sep 30, 2010
You know what depends what city you go to and the kind of doctor you go see. Most doctors there are educated overseas so its not like they never had relationship with non-Moroccan girls. :) I am not having a go at anybody here - but seriously, people have these ideas about Morocco...like Morocco is backwards and stuff. I smile and see how ignorant people are sometimes...people shouldn't speak until the visit a country. There are racist people everywhere...even in Canada...people that wouldn't like mixed marriage!

Anyways I just hope that all of you guys would get an easy experience with all of their endeavours :)

Cheers,

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I can happily say that our immigration experience is complete, my Husband has been here for over 2 years now, and loving it.
I spent quite a bit of time in Morocco, and traveled around a lot of the country. I had three trips there, and had fun seeing the country with my Husband.

It is true that people have many ideas about Morocco, but could never tell you where it is on a map. lol

As far as the doctors there , I have heard of many women saying the doctors were not at all friendly with them, and made their visit difficult.
I can gladly say that the one I visited was super nice and friendly.

I wish the best to everyone also.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
I have never in three years heard that any sponsor had to also do a medical in morocco"

I took a letter from my doctor saying I was in good health never saw a doctor in morocco

Curious to read some other sponsors experiences

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had to do blood tests for HIV and pregnancy but no doctor's visit in Morocco to get married. I had a handwritten note from my doc in Canada as well saying exactly the same thing as hoping75's.

Alcantara

Sep 30, 2010
I don't get - Whats your medical situation got to do with the fact that you are getting married? Who do you provide the medicals to?

What city did your wedding take place?

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I know of many women personally, as well on other forums for the past 3 years, and everyone had to have a medical in Morocco to get married, and as I said many had to do a pregnancy test. There are a large number of women on the french immigration sites as well that talk about their experiences with their exam there.

This is not for the sponsorship part, it is for the marriage part.

Lois Lane said:
I have never in three years heard that any sponsor had to also do a medical in morocco"

I took a letter from my doctor saying I was in good health never saw a doctor in morocco

Curious to read some other sponsors experiences

Alcantara

Sep 30, 2010
I got you on the sponsorship part - I was aware of that since nowhere on the IRPA It says anything about the sponsor needing a Medical :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Well...after all that I have read here now I will definitely do it here and if I have to there I will also.

How much did it cost for the exam here is Canada? How long to get the results? I am going to start all the paperwork in Nov...could I do this in Nov and have everything for the medical in time as well?

I am sooo glad I asked...lol

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I would suggest you get an appointment with your doctor because you know sometimes it can take some time for that. It took me 3 weeks to get my results back from the blood tests they took here. It cost me 20$ to get my results a little faster, so you should ask your doctor's office how long it usually takes to get the results back from them.

dair2dv8103100 said:
Well...after all that I have read here now I will definitely do it here and if I have to there I will also.

How much did it cost for the exam here is Canada? How long to get the results? I am going to start all the paperwork in Nov...could I do this in Nov and have everything for the medical in time as well?

I am sooo glad I asked...lol

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
hoping75 said:
I would suggest you get an appointment with your doctor because you know sometimes it can take some time for that. It took me 3 weeks to get my results back from the blood tests they took here. It cost me 20$ to get my results a little faster, so you should ask your doctor's office how long it usually takes to get the results back from them.
Unfortunately my "family" Dr is a walk in Dr...so I will just have to go in one day and hope she has time to see me for this.

I know it says that the police check cannot be older than 3 months as well the work papers and such I am assuming the medical could not be longer than that as well??

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
hoping75 said:
I know of many women personally, as well on other forums for the past 3 years, and everyone had to have a medical in Morocco to get married, and as I said many had to do a pregnancy test. There are a large number of women on the french immigration sites as well that talk about their experiences with their exam there.

This is not for the sponsorship part, it is for the marriage part.
i would be SOMEONE so NOT everyone you know has had to have the test
i didn't have to have any tests, exams, blood work NOTHING to do with any type of medical just a letter from my doctor here in Canada

in the three years i have been on this site this is the first time it has come up where the sponsor has to have any kind of medical tests in morocco
perhaps in different parts of morocco that needs to be done for the "marriage" itsself to take place it has nothing to do with immigration

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
How is your Husband doing? Is he in Canada yet? I know it has been many months since you won your appeal, and you never mentioned anything about him arriving in Canada.
Just wondering how everything worked out with that.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
won the appeal 18 mths ago, i have posted the ups and downs twists and turns along the way
in 7 days it will be three years since mailing out the package for sponsorship
never would have expected it would take this long
at this point he is going through the court system to defend himself on a charge(which i wont get into)
surprisingly immigration has not closed our file

everyday we are closer to the end ;)

how close remains to be seen :p

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I was pretty sure the validity of a police check could not be older than 3 months when you send the app and the validity for a medical is one year.