+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring family members

ms.green

Nov 9, 2012
hi,

can a live-in caregiver sponsor his/her father,mother, brother or sister as his/her dependents?

thank you. :)

johnsky19

Aug 18, 2011
job_seeker said:
As part of the application for permanent residency? No.

Good day JobSeeker. I just wanna clarify, coz as i remember it i can make an Application for PR for my mother and father at the same time, coz i am single. i just really dont know which is which.

Thank you for your time and God bless.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You can apply to sponsor dependants and spouses once you land. You must live inside Canada to do this.

The program to sponsor parents is suspended right now. We think it will restart later this year, but we don't have a date yet.

Depending on your province, there may be ways to help sponsor siblings. This usually requires them to have a job offer.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
When you're PR move to a province where you can sponsor relatives under the provincial nominee program but I think it is currently supended.

ms.green said:
Thanks. :)

Is there any other way to bring them here in Canada? :)

Thank you. :)

ms.green

Nov 9, 2012
amikety said:
You can apply to sponsor dependants and spouses once you land. You must live inside Canada to do this.

The program to sponsor parents is suspended right now. We think it will restart later this year, but we don't have a date yet.

Depending on your province, there may be ways to help sponsor siblings. This usually requires them to have a job offer.