Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am a permanent resident and want to sponsor my 2 yrs old daughter who was born out of Canada. Currently, I am in Canada for one week but was 3.5 years out of Canada(in home country) due to my job, supporting family, and added to that, the COVID 19 situation. I certainly not going to fulfill the RO. Now I am admitted in a college course and applied for OSAP. Hopefully will get it soon.

>Now for application How should I fillup the following questions of sponsorship evaluation form ( IMM5481)?
{ Question 2: My current situation- Unemployed/ employed/self-employed.
Question 3: Net personal income in last 1 yr?}
N.B: I am still in a job in my home country and was earning nearly 500 USD from that and another 1000USD from private practice/Self-employed source in the last consecutive 12 months.

>How is the chance of getting refusal of this sponsorship and what might be the possible grounds?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I am a permanent resident and want to sponsor my 2 yrs old daughter who was born out of Canada. Currently, I am in Canada for one week but was 3.5 years out of Canada(in home country) due to my job, supporting family, and added to that, the COVID 19 situation. I certainly not going to fulfill the RO. Now I am admitted in a college course and applied for OSAP. Hopefully will get it soon.

>Now for application How should I fillup the following questions of sponsorship evaluation form ( IMM5481)?
{ Question 2: My current situation- Unemployed/ employed/self-employed.
Question 3: Net personal income in last 1 yr?}
N.B: I am still in a job in my home country and was earning nearly 500 USD from that and another 1000USD from private practice/Self-employed source in the last consecutive 12 months.

>How is the chance of getting refusal of this sponsorship and what might be the possible grounds?
You shouldn't apply to sponsor your daughter until you meet the residency requirement. You need to meet the residency requirement to qualify to sponsor your daughter. Additionally, if you submit an application and IRCC determines you don't meet RO, it's possible they might start looking into your PR status. Very strong recommendation is to wait until you have lived in Canada for 2 years before you submit the application.

runway08

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You shouldn't apply to sponsor your daughter until you meet the residency requirement. You need to meet the residency requirement to qualify to sponsor your daughter. Additionally, if you submit an application and IRCC determines you don't meet RO, it's possible they might start looking into your PR status. Very strong recommendation is to wait until you have lived in Canada for 2 years before you submit the application.
Thanks for your reply. Does the COVID situation help me as I could not return in time for that, I tried TRP and TRV for my child before that as it was not possible to leave my family and return Canada for me. My wife's and other daoughter's (4.5 yrs) RO is also going to be incomplete as my wife will not able to return without the baby.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
COVID only happened this year, you were out for 3.5 years. Keeping your job outside of Canada is not H&C reason. It's your choice to keep your family outside.

Reactions: runway08 and k.h.p.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Does the COVID situation help me as I could not return in time for that, I tried TRP and TRV for my child before that as it was not possible to leave my family and return Canada for me. My wife's and other daoughter's (4.5 yrs) RO is also going to be incomplete as my wife will not able to return without the baby.
No it doesn't, you are a PR, there was nothing preventing you from returning to Canada if you wanted to.

Reactions: runway08 and k.h.p.