+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring common-law partner from inside Canada

mustasha

Mar 15, 2010
lrw said:
thank you for your responce,
i was logging using my and my sponsors clind ID number
ill try receipt number tonight
My partner and I applied in december, 2009 but havent' heard anything back yet either. How did you get a client ID number, if you don't mind me asking? I"ve been trying to check the status using the receipt number but still no luck.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
lrw said:
BlueDragon, i did try client ID, thats number one thing ive been trying and it doesnt work, my sponsors doesnt work either... ill try giving them a call
and thank you for OHIP info, that would be great, but do you know for sure? is it written somewhere?
From the OHIP website:

Am I eligible for Ontario Health Insurance?
On April 1, 2009 the changes to OHIP eligibility rules under Regulation 552 of the Health Insurance Act became effective. You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories :

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;
you have applied for a grant of citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada), and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship (i.e. children adopted internationally by Canadian citizens);
you are a “protected person” - i.e. a Convention Refugee or a person in need of protection as referred to in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
you are a foreign worker who holds a work permit valid for at least 6-months which permits you to work in Canada, and you are working under a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer’s name, your occupation, and states that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;
you are a foreign clergy member who will be providing services to a religious congregation in Ontario for at least six months;
you hold a Temporary Resident Permit with case type 80 (for adoption only), 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 or 95;
you are the spouse, same sex partner, or dependent child (under 22 years old or 22 years and over if dependent due to a mental or physical disability) of an OHIP-eligible foreign clergy member or OHIP-eligible foreign worker;
you hold a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program;
you hold a valid work permit under the federal Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program;

the bolded info should apply when you have AIP

lrw

Mar 12, 2010
BlueDragon17846 said:
From the OHIP website:

Am I eligible for Ontario Health Insurance?
On April 1, 2009 the changes to OHIP eligibility rules under Regulation 552 of the Health Insurance Act became effective. You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories :

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;
you have applied for a grant of citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada), and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship (i.e. children adopted internationally by Canadian citizens);
you are a “protected person” - i.e. a Convention Refugee or a person in need of protection as referred to in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
you are a foreign worker who holds a work permit valid for at least 6-months which permits you to work in Canada, and you are working under a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer's name, your occupation, and states that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;
you are a foreign clergy member who will be providing services to a religious congregation in Ontario for at least six months;
you hold a Temporary Resident Permit with case type 80 (for adoption only), 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 or 95;
you are the spouse, same sex partner, or dependent child (under 22 years old or 22 years and over if dependent due to a mental or physical disability) of an OHIP-eligible foreign clergy member or OHIP-eligible foreign worker;
you hold a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program;
you hold a valid work permit under the federal Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program;

the bolded info should apply when you have AIP
oh cool thank you, i thought you can only get it after you have landed, guess i didnt read their site properly...

lrw

Mar 12, 2010
mustasha said:
My partner and I applied in december, 2009 but havent' heard anything back yet either. How did you get a client ID number, if you don't mind me asking? I"ve been trying to check the status using the receipt number but still no luck.
you have this number on your visa, visa extensions, student permits, etc - stuff you get from immigration,
and if you are being sponsored by your partner you can check status online under his name, he would have ID number on his permanent resident card.

mustasha

Mar 15, 2010
Asta said:
in about 6 months u would get (or not) AIP, aproval in principle, u could ask for open work permit.
did u check ur ecas? status online on their site?
Yes, I did check ecas and there are no news on our application status yet. Well, it's in process but it's been in process since December 14, 2009.