Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Hello! I have been finding all of your conversations very helpful and with all the help I am ALMOST finished filling out the forms and collecting evidence to sponsor my common law partner BUT I have just had a sudden panic this morning....
Our story so far is:
I am a Canadian citizen, moved to Scotland in September 2008, met boyfriend November 2008, started dating February 2009. We moved in together October 2009 and continued to do so until 14 September 2011....my visa was about to run out on the 15th!

Basically we were hoping to finish it all off when I was still living together but it just didn't happen. I am hoping we will be able to send it all off by mid October. Se here is my question: If we don't live together right now can we still apply for common law or do we have to switch it to conjugal? For some reason I think I have read somewhere that if the have lived together in the last four months it's fine but I can't find this now!

I'm sure it's been asked before so sorry, but any advice would be welcomed. Thanks!

stressmess

May 5, 2011
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Opps! think I just found my answer in a topic from Greenish. We are still common law according to 5.36 of the Processing Members of The Family Class manual. So helpful when I look properly! :-[