+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor wife after divorce

lucifer#

Jul 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I came to canada last year under NSNP , I am married, I was the PA and wife was dependent , We do not have any child. Now we are planning to go for a divorce, It is mutually decided. I just want to know, I were to remarry, and sponser my new wife, Will there be any problems with that.

Any advice would be appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I came to canada last year under NSNP , I am married, I was the PA and wife was dependent , We do not have any child. Now we are planning to go for a divorce, It is mutually decided. I just want to know, I were to remarry, and sponser my new wife, Will there be any problems with that.

Any advice would be appreciated
Once you are officially divorced, you can remarry and then sponsor your new spouse.

Note that you will need to separate from your current spouse for a full year before you will qualify to file for divorce

lucifer#

Jul 18, 2018
Thanks for the reply , It is almost 1 year , I will be applying for divorce soon . I heard that , I need to wait 5 years before I can sponser, Is that true ?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Then, How should I proceed ? So that everything becomes easy
What’s done is done . Just as mentioned expect extra scrutiny. Look at it thru the IRCC eyes
Couple wait a long time to immigrate
Couple immigrates
Upon immigration couple divorces
Individual shortly thereafter sponsors someone new
That’s why there’s scrutiny. Some couple’s relationships are already rocky during the immigration process , and they should of advised the IRCC of that, but they don’t. They use the PR process to both get to Canada , and then separate & divorce People live by their choices.
The IRCC is not stupid . Relationships don’t typically go from happy to let’s get a divorce overnight . It’s a process

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

lucifer#

Jul 18, 2018
What’s done is done . Just as mentioned expect extra scrutiny. Look at it thru the IRCC eyes
Couple wait a long time to immigrate
Couple immigrates
Upon immigration couple divorces
Individual shortly thereafter sponsors someone new
That’s why there’s scrutiny. Some couple’s relationships are already rocky during the immigration process , and they should of advised the IRCC of that, but they don’t. They use the PR process to both get to Canada , and then separate & divorce People live by their choices.
The IRCC is not stupid . Relationships don’t typically go from happy to let’s get a divorce overnight . It’s a process
Ohkay , Thanks for the reply

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
either its 3 or 5 one of these I read it on the official website this is if you got your PR through Spouse sponsor

Thanks for the reply , It is almost 1 year , I will be applying for divorce soon . I heard that , I need to wait 5 years before I can sponser, Is that true ?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
either its 3 or 5 one of these I read it on the official website
No - it's not. OP and his spouse immigrated through an economic immigration stream. These rules don't apply to them.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk