+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsor problem

Torontina

Nov 11, 2009
I would be very grateful if somebody could help me to answer my doubt

I explain you what is my problem

I am a permanent resident and I live in Mississauga; ON.

I got married two year ago and I sponsored to my husband, he became landed immigrant since 18 month ago and got his permanent resident card.

Six months after he landed he asked me for divorce and both understand the reasons for it. At the present, and since eleven month ago, we are legally divorced.

When I sponsored to my husband I signed an undertaking with the government to provide support for him for the next three years after he landed, in this moment, to finish with my obligations with him, i would have to spend even a year and a half.

My ex-husband has a good job, he work in the same place for a year and he has enough income to support himself. I don't think he quit or lose his job and need to apply for social service benefit.

I lost my job three month ago and I am asking for unemployment insurance and for a welfare to support me and my little child (12 years old, she born in a previous marriage that I had) until I can find another job.

I need to know if during the validity period of the undertaking, if my ex husband never apply for social service benefits and unemployment insurance but during the same period i need of unemployment insurance and for a welfare , it is possible that in the future I can have problems to sponsor my current boyfriend to come to Canada even after I have found a new job and have enough income

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
YES
There is no harm if you as a sponsor received benefits in the past. If you are working at time of sponsor then don,t worry

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
As a PR you are entitled to social programs if you meet the requirements. Once the 3 year undertaking has elapsed, you will be able to sponsor your new boyfriend if he becomes your spouse. You are financially exempt when sponsoring a spouse however you should not be on social assistance at THAT time.

Good luck