+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor package: Is self-employed employed? IMM5540

crystalclear752002

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
In the form IMM5540, question 6: are you crrently employed? I am self-employed now, had a company with my friend. should I answer yes or no?

And question 7: Starting with your current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers you have worked for over the past years.
1. My business was established only for one years. Should I just write me as the employer? And should I just write one year?
2. If so, how should I explain the past four years? (I didn 't work for any employer for the rest of 4 years. )

The last question please: Is there any minimum income for a sponsor to sponsor a spouse?

Thanks, folks.

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
crystalclear752002 said:
In the form IMM5540, question 6: are you crrently employed? I am self-employed now, had a company with my friend. should I answer yes or no?

And question 7: Starting with your current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers you have worked for over the past years.
1. My business was established only for one years. Should I just write me as the employer? And should I just write one year?
2. If so, how should I explain the past four years? (I didn 't work for any employer for the rest of 4 years. )

The last question please: Is there any minimum income for a sponsor to sponsor a spouse?

Thanks, folks.
Hey crystal clear,
There is no minimum income limit to apply for spousal application.but I would suggest something along the lines of an amount that one person can survive on in your province. Ps-self employment is fine too, & it's fine to mention unemployment for 4 years, NO way you should lie.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
crystalclear752002 said:
Thanks. So, if I am self-employed, when I fill in the form about my employer, I should write myself?
I think but I am not sure, there is a check box for self employed too, my husband is a businessman and he select that. But again I am not sure it is just skipped from my mind. But yes before starting his own business he worked with few organizations so he added the letters of organizations as well.