+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my wife to Canada

Stinky

Feb 21, 2013
Hello
I've planned to get married in June 2013. My fiance is currently living in Iraq , and I'm looking at starting a spouse sponsorship application right after our marriage, but I've been looking at the processing time for the Visa Office in Amman-Jordan and it's 19 months :eek:
This is already worrying me, is there a change that she could get the visa within 6 months or so ?

Anyone have some recommendation as to what type of sponsorship is required, a friend of mine recommended a Foreign Student application just because he said it takes approx about 6 months total.

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Some cases are faster than the timeline on the website, as it's the time that it takes to process 80% of the application. So if your case is straightforward, and your application complete, you might be done faster. But yes - it takes a long time, and there is no other visa that takes shorter time.

You could try and get her to Canada on a student visa, and then sponsor her inland (see the first thread by Leon about spousal sponsorship), she would be allowed to stay in Canada with you until the application is processed ( and current inland is 6 + 8 months : 14 months, so it's faster than Amman). However, to get a student visa, she would have to prove that she will go back to her country... and has strong ties to Iraq.

Good luck,
Sweden

Stinky

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply Sweden

Do you have any idea about the rejection % with the Student Visa, or is it just a matter of getting an acceptance letter from a college in Canada ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Stinky said:
Thanks for the reply Sweden

Do you have any idea about the rejection % with the Student Visa, or is it just a matter of getting an acceptance letter from a college in Canada ?

Thanks
If you read through the International Students section of this forum you'll see there are plenty of rejections for Student Visas. It's not just a matter of getting an acceptance letter from a college in Canada. You also have to convince CIC you are a genuine student. Common reasons for refusals are insufficient funds, lack of ties to home country (CIC believes the applicant has plans to remain in Canada long term) and study mis-match (the studies the applicant is planning to pursue in Canada don't make sense based on that applicant's previous studies and/or work experience).