+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Future Spouse

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello,

I have applied PR, and might get it about end of this year. After that, I will get married with my girl friend and sponsor her. How long is process to sponsor my wife?

Many thanks in advance.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Plan for about a year. Sometimes it’s quicker, sometimes it’s longer. They are trying to target the 12 month mark as the average.

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Plan for about a year. Sometimes it’s quicker, sometimes it’s longer. They are trying to target the 12 month mark as the average.
I appreciate your fast answer, can you suggest anyway my wife can come to Canada to visit me while the application in process?

M

mikeymyke

My Viet wife got her PR visa in 5 months, she was also able to get a visitor visa after we got married. Key is to make sure you have a strong relationship background and as for the visitor visa, to maximize chance of success, she should be working, have sufficient funds, and travel history

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
My Viet wife got her PR visa in 5 months, she was also able to get a visitor visa after we got married. Key is to make sure you have a strong relationship background and as for the visitor visa, to maximize chance of success, she should be working, have sufficient funds, and travel history
Hi Mikeymyke

My wife is also Vietnamese, we have been 7 years relationship and she is a flight attendant. We plan to get married after I have PR.

1. I heard that while I am applying to sponsor my wife, it is harder for her to get a visitor visa. Is that correct?

2. How can I sponsor my wife in 5 months like you did, it is really fast. Any of your lesson is valuable to me. Thanks!

M

mikeymyke

Hi Mikeymyke

My wife is also Vietnamese, we have been 7 years relationship and she is a flight attendant. We plan to get married after I have PR.

1. I heard that while I am applying to sponsor my wife, it is harder for her to get a visitor visa. Is that correct?

2. How can I sponsor my wife in 5 months like you did, it is really fast. Any of your lesson is valuable to me. Thanks!
1. Yes its true, but its not as impossible as many people make it out to be. The issue is many people who apply for the TRV arent submitting good enough documents and vague about purpose of visit. Ive done it, so no reason someone else couldnt. Your wife has an excellent job so that will be helpful in getting a trv

2. The key is to submit a strong application. Having been together 7 years, (my wife and I only together 2 yrs at the time), you guys should go quick. Things like small age difference, parents from both sides attending wedding, having a traditional ceremony (very important), lots of pics together and with family, friends,and inlaws, etc will all help as well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
O=It is more dependent on how long background checks take to be processed and that often depends on other governments. Plan for a year and hope for the best.