+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor eligiblity on criminal charge which was dropped

Ansari123

Nov 20, 2014
Hello,
I was charged with fraud over 5000 after a week i applied for my wife's application. However, the crown gave me 40 hours community service and dropped (stay off proceedings) my criminal charge. Also, i got a fine for false statement but that is not of any criminal nature. Its been 8 months since i provided ircc with the disposition letter from the court but they haven't updated anything since then. Upon inquiring i was told they are waiting for some further or i should say a deeper background check but my wife's background check is cleared. I am so confuse and frustrated. Can someone educate me on whats actually happening here and why its taking so long. Thanks.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
From what I heard the RMCP can even see and will see even charges that were dischagred, conditionally or absolute. My guess they are digging deeper to see exactly what took place and any other happenings.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I was charged with fraud over 5000 after a week i applied for my wife's application. However, the crown gave me 40 hours community service and dropped (stay off proceedings) my criminal charge. Also, i got a fine for false statement but that is not of any criminal nature. Its been 8 months since i provided ircc with the disposition letter from the court but they haven't updated anything since then. Upon inquiring i was told they are waiting for some further or i should say a deeper background check but my wife's background check is cleared. I am so confuse and frustrated. Can someone educate me on whats actually happening here and why its taking so long. Thanks.
Order your GCMS notes. That's the only way to tell.

The short answer is that the delay may have nothing to do with your criminal charges. Everything is super slow right now due to COVID-19. Your application is non-standard due to your criminal charges, meaning it was expected it would take longer to process. These processing times are extended even further now.

Again, order your GCMS notes.

Ansari123

Nov 20, 2014
Order your GCMS notes. That's the only way to tell.

The short answer is that the delay may have nothing to do with your criminal charges. Everything is super slow right now due to COVID-19. Your application is non-standard due to your criminal charges, meaning it was expected it would take longer to process. These processing times are extended even further now.

Again, order your GCMS notes.
Thanks for your response. I will order it right away.

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello,
Can u please update your status please