+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Eligibility Assessment for Spousal Sponsorship Outland

kartheek

Jan 17, 2012
Hi,
I am a permanent resident currently living outside of Canada for three months. I have recently got married, and I plan to submit my Spousal Sponsorship application (outland) as my spouse lives outside of Canada.

1. In the Sponsor Eligibility Assessment application, there is a question, and if I say "NO," then I am not eligible to sponsor. https://gyazo.com/c07175d74f54088c563c689076f6566d (please click on this link to see the screenshot of the IMM1344e form and this is the question I am asking about)

The question is, "Do you reside in Canada" and I am confused about saying "yes" or "no".
I am not in Canada as I am on vacation, and I plan to go back to Canada after five months from now.

Though I am not physically in Canada, I am currently working outside Canada for a Canadian company, so I pay tax to the Canadian government every month, paying my auto loan and phone bill. (I can also provide T4, past six months pay stubs and phone bill), So, can I say "Yes" to question no 4. and courier the spousal sponsorship application to the Case center at 'Sydney,' 'Canada' via Courier from India or else do I have to go back to Canada to submit my Spousal Sponsorship application?

2. Do I have to show proof of funds on a bank statement, or my employment details are enough or Is it okay if I don't show any evidence of funds?

I appreciate any help you can provide to my above two questions.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Pr are required to be in Canada while a sponsorship application is in process, u staying outside of Canada for 5 month are more I don't believe u would be eligible to sponsor your spouse

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Pr are required to be in Canada while a sponsorship application is in process, u staying outside of Canada for 5 month are more I don't believe u would be eligible to sponsor your spouse
The rules is clear only citizens can sponsor while living outside Canada, u working for a Canadian company does not make a difference, maybe once of the vip members can give you more details.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am a permanent resident currently living outside of Canada for three months. I have recently got married, and I plan to submit my Spousal Sponsorship application (outland) as my spouse lives outside of Canada.

1. In the Sponsor Eligibility Assessment application, there is a question, and if I say "NO," then I am not eligible to sponsor. https://gyazo.com/c07175d74f54088c563c689076f6566d (please click on this link to see the screenshot of the IMM1344e form and this is the question I am asking about)

The question is, "Do you reside in Canada" and I am confused about saying "yes" or "no".
I am not in Canada as I am on vacation, and I plan to go back to Canada after five months from now.

Though I am not physically in Canada, I am currently working outside Canada for a Canadian company, so I pay tax to the Canadian government every month, paying my auto loan and phone bill. (I can also provide T4, past six months pay stubs and phone bill), So, can I say "Yes" to question no 4. and courier the spousal sponsorship application to the Case center at 'Sydney,' 'Canada' via Courier from India or else do I have to go back to Canada to submit my Spousal Sponsorship application?

2. Do I have to show proof of funds on a bank statement, or my employment details are enough or Is it okay if I don't show any evidence of funds?

I appreciate any help you can provide to my above two questions.
1. You need to wait until you have physically returned to Canada before you can submit the application. Once you have physically returned to Canada, you say "yes" to the question about residing in Canada. You cannot apply from outside of Canada.
2. Show your T4, proof of employment, etc. No need to show proof of funds.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So, can I say "Yes" to question no 4. and courier the spousal sponsorship application to the Case center at 'Sydney,' 'Canada' via Courier from India or else do I have to go back to Canada to submit my Spousal Sponsorship application?
You definitely must return to Canada before submitting and should remain in Canada throughout the application processing (short trips ie less than a month likely ok).

Note, this is NOT the test canada revenue agency uses, your employment with a Canadian company is irrelevant, it means physical presence.

kartheek

Jan 17, 2012
1. You need to wait until you have physically returned to Canada before you can submit the application. Once you have physically returned to Canada, you say "yes" to the question about residing in Canada. You cannot apply from outside of Canada.
2. Show your T4, proof of employment, etc. No need to show proof of funds.
Thank you very much for your response.

kartheek

Jan 17, 2012
You definitely must return to Canada before submitting and should remain in Canada throughout the application processing (short trips ie less than a month likely ok).

Note, this is NOT the test canada revenue agency uses, your employment with a Canadian company is irrelevant, it means physical presence.
Thanks for the reply.