+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponser Visa for Dependent Children

Praveen_1976

Aug 2, 2011
Hello,

We (me & my wife) hold a valid PR status in Canada. Did our first landing in Jan 2009 and are in the process of relocating back to Canada by September 2011. Request you to kindly advise the following:

1. We have 2 children who are not permanent residents of Canada (they were born after we did our first landing). Can we apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV) for them so that they can accompany us to Canada?

2. Once in Canada can we then apply to change the status from temporary resident visa (TRV) to permanent residence visa (PRV)? Is it possible??

3. If point no 2 is not possible, kindly advise what is the processing time for sponsoring the dependent children from Canada. Thanks Praveen :)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Praveen_1976 said:
Hello,

We (me & my wife) hold a valid PR status in Canada. Did our first landing in Jan 2009 and are in the process of relocating back to Canada by September 2011. Request you to kindly advise the following:

1. We have 2 children who are not permanent residents of Canada (they were born after we did our first landing). Can we apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV) for them so that they can accompany us to Canada?

2. Once in Canada can we then apply to change the status from temporary resident visa (TRV) to permanent residence visa (PRV)? Is it possible??

3. If point no 2 is not possible, kindly advise what is the processing time for sponsoring the dependent children from Canada. Thanks Praveen :)
I am kind of same situation like you. I applied for the TRV for my son and was refused from Bangladesh. Visa office said that I have to go back in Canada and then apply for my son's PR. But I read some post, where they got TRP for their child. So my suggestion is give a try. Apply for TRV and if they refuse, they may ask you to apply for the TRP.
If you dont able to get TRV or TRP, then you should go back to Canda and sponsor thm. I know the visa office dellhi takes less than 6 months to finaliz. HOpw this information will help you.