File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
hello. I have been in Canada for more than 2 years and has been working for almost two years, but now i am still waiting for my PR as Buffalo office is crazy slowly.

Now would you guys tell me after i got my PR, can I sponse my Parents to immigrate at once? My situation is : My husband holds sutyd permit to canada and i hold Open work permit under his permit, my year income is almost 30,000 for 2010 and will be 30,000 in 2011. So when i really got my PR, i would have been working for 3 years. My husband has no income for the two years, so he can not sponse his parents as soon as we got PR. But my income can reach the target to sponse my parents.

Are there any member here had ever had this experience?

Thank you very much for your advice. :)

Canadian_girl

Jan 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to sponsor your parents, you need to be a Canadian PR or a citizen. You need to have at least one year of Canadian income and you must currently meet the minimum financial requirements with Canadian income.

Since your husband is not working, you would be the only sponsor, meaning the whole financial burden is on you. First, they calculate how many people are in your family who are financially dependent on you, plus your parents. So, assuming you have no children, you would need to show that you make enough "Canadian income" for a family of 4, which is currently $41,307. The visa office does not take into account any money that your parents may have or that your spouse may have saved, it has to be Canadian income. You can find out more information at the following link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-family-sponsorship-visa.html