+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponcership (PR) of adopted child

Amit@1984

Aug 6, 2018
I am Canadian PR holder since July 13, 2016. We started the adopted procedure for a girl child in India, few days before we were suppose to land in Canada for PR. We got approval from Canadian permanent resident in April 2016, and accordingly book our tickets to move to Canada Permanently. On July 2, 2016 we got a mail from Indian government adoption authority (CARA) about availability of a girl child, without wasting time we went to the adoption authority and completed the basic formalities for adoption and applied to Court for legal adoption on July 8, 2016. Because out ticket were booked and the legal procedure was not yet completed for the girl child (still under foster care), we didn't inform the Canadian immigrantion about this new development. We went to Canada and got our PR on July 13, 2016 and returned back to India after 10 days to complete the adoption formalities. The adoption process got completed Jan 2017 with legal adoption order and adoption deed from court.

I moved to Canada on July 2017 to search for job and later applied for PR for my adopted daughter's through family sponsorship on May, 2018. I got a mail from Ministry of children and youth services ontario on June, 2018 to provide additional documents to get NOC from the Province.
Now they are confused if this an in-country adoption or Inter-country adoption.

The fact is I was in Canada for only 2 weeks during the entire process of getting legal adoption completed. Based on CARA this is in-country adoption, but provience and immigration Canada are confused, as I was holding PR during the process of adoption.

I am confused, if this case is getting on to a different direction. And would this create a problem in my child's PR process. Now provience has asked a letter from adoption authority from India to provide a letter stating its a in-country adoption.

Please help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am Canadian PR holder since July 13, 2016. We started the adopted procedure for a girl child in India, few days before we were suppose to land in Canada for PR. We got approval from Canadian permanent resident in April 2016, and accordingly book our tickets to move to Canada Permanently. On July 2, 2016 we got a mail from Indian government adoption authority (CARA) about availability of a girl child, without wasting time we went to the adoption authority and completed the basic formalities for adoption and applied to Court for legal adoption on July 8, 2016. Because out ticket were booked and the legal procedure was not yet completed for the girl child (still under foster care), we didn't inform the Canadian immigrantion about this new development. We went to Canada and got our PR on July 13, 2016 and returned back to India after 10 days to complete the adoption formalities. The adoption process got completed Jan 2017 with legal adoption order and adoption deed from court.

I moved to Canada on July 2017 to search for job and later applied for PR for my adopted daughter's through family sponsorship on May, 2018. I got a mail from Ministry of children and youth services ontario on June, 2018 to provide additional documents to get NOC from the Province.

The fact is I was in Canada for only 2 weeks during the entire process of getting legal adoption completed. Based on CARA this is in-country adoption, but provience and immigration Canada are confused, as I was holding PR during the process of adoption.

I am confused, if this case is getting on to a different direction. And would this create a problem in my child's PR process. Now provience has asked a letter from adoption authority from India to provide a letter stating its a in-country adoption.

Please help.
Not sure what help you are looking for. It certainly seems to be an in-country adoption with no involvement by Canadian adoption authorities. Maybe time to get in touch with a lawyer?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Please help.
Just do what you were told to. Get the letter from the adoption authority in India and submit it to the province. The province should then issue you confirmation that they don't need anything and the app should progress.

Reactions: Buletruck

Reader9000

Aug 11, 2018
Canada/Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
Ask your provincial authorities if they will issue a letter of any kind to IRCC. Asks also about a letter for expat living abroad while adopting maybe they will write a letter that will say what it needs to say for ircc. They only need to know your province wasn't involved right?