+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Speeding ticket

pityman

Mar 22, 2023
In the Express Entry system or the COPR document, there is a question "charged/convicted of a crime or offence in any country". I am wondering if a minor speeding ticket of a fixed penalty (like CAD 100) will result in charged if an offence above???

pityman

Mar 22, 2023
many thanks, do you think "charged an offence" and "issued a fine ticket" are different?
How about littering? I heard someone got a littering fine (very minor, like CAD 120), does this count as an "offence" in the COPR???

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
many thanks, do you think "charged an offence" and "issued a fine ticket" are different?
How about littering? I heard someone got a littering fine (very minor, like CAD 120), does this count as an "offence" in the COPR???
Not a criminal offence on it's own. I don't get what you mean by counting as an offence in the CoPR? Are you asking if it is an offence that you should declare after getting your CoPR?

pityman

Mar 22, 2023
Not a criminal offence on it's own. I don't get what you mean by counting as an offence in the CoPR? Are you asking if it is an offence that you should declare after getting your CoPR?
Yes, in the above example, should the littering thing be declared???