+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Specific queries- Post ITA documentation

NM2018

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Dear All,

I am currently preparing the documents required for PR application. I have a few specific queries related to my situation. I would be very grateful to you if you could provide me with some clarity on the following questions.

1. Medical exam:
As per the IRCC website, medical exams should be done by all the family members, even those that are not accompanying the primary applicant. My brother lives in the US. He will have to undergo a medical exam at the designated centre as given in the IRCC website right? Will any existing family diseases (like diabetes etc)hamper the PR chances?

2. Funds:
Currently, all the funds are in my dad's bank account. I understand that if a bank statement is provided as proof of funds the funds should be there in the account for at least 6 months. Is there any other way to show funds. For eg: if my dad opens an FD in my name...would that work? Are there any other ways to show proof of funds?

3. Referral letter:
I have signed contracts and other letters from my past and present companies with all the responsibilities etc outlined. Would a separate referral letter be required? If I am unable to procure a new referral letter from past employers, can an affidavit be produced? If yes, should the affidavit be signed by the employer? I am sorry if the question seems stupid but I have very limited experience with affidavits.

Thank you in advance for your response :)

PS: I am new to this forum and would appreciate if any of you could please provide me with the links (if readily available with you only) to the threads containing templates and other post ITA processes.

NM2018

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

May I request experienced forum members to please provide your valuable thoughts on the above questions?

Thank you

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dear All,

I am currently preparing the documents required for PR application. I have a few specific queries related to my situation. I would be very grateful to you if you could provide me with some clarity on the following questions.

1. Medical exam:
As per the IRCC website, medical exams should be done by all the family members, even those that are not accompanying the primary applicant. My brother lives in the US. He will have to undergo a medical exam at the designated centre as given in the IRCC website right? Will any existing family diseases (like diabetes etc)hamper the PR chances?

2. Funds:
Currently, all the funds are in my dad's bank account. I understand that if a bank statement is provided as proof of funds the funds should be there in the account for at least 6 months. Is there any other way to show funds. For eg: if my dad opens an FD in my name...would that work? Are there any other ways to show proof of funds?

3. Referral letter:
I have signed contracts and other letters from my past and present companies with all the responsibilities etc outlined. Would a separate referral letter be required? If I am unable to procure a new referral letter from past employers, can an affidavit be produced? If yes, should the affidavit be signed by the employer? I am sorry if the question seems stupid but I have very limited experience with affidavits.

Thank you in advance for your response :)

PS: I am new to this forum and would appreciate if any of you could please provide me with the links (if readily available with you only) to the threads containing templates and other post ITA processes.
1- family members are the spouse and children
You brother and parents have nothing to do with this. If you're single then it's just you.
2- just transfer the money and have him write a gift deed (search the forum for more info).
3- reference letter is needed. All those other documents are pointless if you have a reference letter. If you can't get them add supporting documents. Also no need to mention and get documentations for all your past employers. Read more about that part of the process.

NM2018

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
1- family members are the spouse and children
You brother and parents have nothing to do with this. If you're single then it's just you.
2- just transfer the money and have him write a gift deed (search the forum for more info).
3- reference letter is needed. All those other documents are pointless if you have a reference letter. If you can't get them add supporting documents. Also no need to mention and get documentations for all your past employers. Read more about that part of the process.
Thank you so much for your response :)