+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

special circumstances 3 year open wp with simultanous pending pr application

verved

Jul 2, 2020
Im currently applying for PR in quebec under the AI & VFX pilot. I already obtained my CSQ. The process feels very lengthy and im otherwise here on a skilled worker visa program. In order to make life easier I was considering applying for special circumstance 3 year WP using my other passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/israel-west-bank-gaza-2023/canada-tr-measures.html

Is there any reason why this should be an issue for IRCC? getting a 3 year open wp with one passport while in the middle of pr application with another passport?

Many thanks,

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Im currently applying for PR in quebec under the AI & VFX pilot. I already obtained my CSQ. The process feels very lengthy and im otherwise here on a skilled worker visa program. In order to make life easier I was considering applying for special circumstance 3 year WP using my other passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/israel-west-bank-gaza-2023/canada-tr-measures.html

Is there any reason why this should be an issue for IRCC? getting a 3 year open wp with one passport while in the middle of pr application with another passport?

Many thanks,
If you already got the AOR for pr application you can apply for BOWP( bridging open work permit).

verved

Jul 2, 2020
If you already got the AOR for pr application you can apply for BOWP( bridging open work permit).
I dont believe so. Because the listed PR application I am doing (AI & VFX Pilot for Quebec) is not listed in the website.

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
If you have a valid Certificat de sélection du Québec (Québec Selection Certificate) and reside abroad

i dont reside abroad. I'm in quebec...
You should read little bit down in that page in the RENEWING YOUR WORK PERMIT section and you will find the information about BOWP.

verved

Jul 2, 2020
You should read little bit down in that page in the RENEWING YOUR WORK PERMIT section and you will find the information about BOWP.
yes but again, this doesnt apply to people who apply for pr with AI and VFX pilot. its not listed in the bridging list of requirements. so not applicable.

tina kay

Mar 29, 2024
@Singh__ i already have the BOWP expiring in 2026 I applied for my permanent resident in 2021 and the application is still in progress. Do I still need to apply for another CSQ as the one that I had back in 2021? It’s already expired and could that be causing issues with my PR application

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
@Singh__ i already have the BOWP expiring in 2026 I applied for my permanent resident in 2021 and the application is still in progress. Do I still need to apply for another CSQ as the one that I had back in 2021? It’s already expired and could that be causing issues with my PR application
Hi @tina kay,
For your CSQ that’s doesn’t affect the processing because if it’s expired, then visa officer extend the validity in their system. Csq need to be valid just when we apply for PR.
if you applied for PR through regular skilled worker program (not sponsorship) then it’s already passed too much time because normal time is 9 months. If you are already in canada then you can Oder GCMS notes to see exactly what’s going on you file after that consult with good lawyer and discuss about doing writ of mandamus.
Here is the information for your original question regarding validity of CSQ : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-quebec-selection-certificate.html

Alvin21

Jun 27, 2024
Have a good day I am new here, I'm just inquire if there's a hiring job for sewing and industrial operator, seamstress alteration or tailor. I want to go to Canada. Please help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have a good day I am new here, I'm just inquire if there's a hiring job for sewing and industrial operator, seamstress alteration or tailor. I want to go to Canada. Please help me
There are no jobs on this forum.