+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP extension refused due to not being in Canada, however I am!

sara512

Jun 18, 2024
Hi everyone,

I recently applied to extend my study permit, but after two weeks, I received a refusal. The refusal letter stated that the reason was because I am not currently in Canada. However, I am in Canada and was here at the time of submitting my application.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I sent a webform with proof of my presence in Canada but haven’t heard back yet. Will they reconsider my application?

Can I request an appeal for it, I know that I only have 15 days to request an appeal but I don't even know if I can request for this case!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I recently applied to extend my study permit, but after two weeks, I received a refusal. The refusal letter stated that the reason was because I am not currently in Canada. However, I am in Canada and was here at the time of submitting my application.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I sent a webform with proof of my presence in Canada but haven’t heard back yet. Will they reconsider my application?

Can I request an appeal for it, I know that I only have 15 days to request an appeal but I don't even know if I can request for this case!
If you met conditions to apply for extension and provided all the correct documentation then submit a webform asking for reconsideration. Is your study permit still valid?

sara512

Jun 18, 2024
If you met conditions to apply for extension and provided all the correct documentation then submit a webform asking for reconsideration. Is your study permit still valid?
I did meet all the conditions and according to the note nothing beside not being present in Canada was wrong, and yes my study permit is still valid. But most likely there has been a glitch in the system.
Should I wait for the webform result? I heard that it can take up to 1 month to consider it.