+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Spouse permit refused NO Real Reason

mhsjutt

Dec 10, 2022
My visa was refused recently after a long wait. My husband is working in NOC A with a Post Grad Work Permit as so I do qualify for Open Work permit.
The following are the reasons give:

• You have significant family ties in Canada. (I mean he is my husband, plus I was going on SOWP, I don't understand?)
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. (I had a very detailed cover letter? )

Two things to note where I think it might have had an effect:
* I have a brother in Canada who is PR
* My husband's Work permit expires in April 2023 and I got the decision in Nov 2022. But this reason was not mentioned.

Anyway, I am applying for PR soon, but what to you think this might mean? I mean my application was legit. So that I could change this situation and also should I mention/ create a cover letter for this application to put in my PR application? Please help, any input is appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My visa was refused recently after a long wait. My husband is working in NOC A with a Post Grad Work Permit as so I do qualify for Open Work permit.
The following are the reasons give:

• You have significant family ties in Canada. (I mean he is my husband, plus I was going on SOWP, I don't understand?)
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. (I had a very detailed cover letter? )

Two things to note where I think it might have had an effect:
* I have a brother in Canada who is PR
* My husband's Work permit expires in April 2023 and I got the decision in Nov 2022. But this reason was not mentioned.

Anyway, I am applying for PR soon, but what to you think this might mean? I mean my application was legit. So that I could change this situation and also should I mention/ create a cover letter for this application to put in my PR application? Please help, any input is appreciated!
You only qualify to apply for an OWP it isn’t guaranteed. There may be multipleissues. Your husband’s PGWP expires relatively soon. Did you get married recently? If so that can also be an issue especially if you didn’t have a long in person dating period before marriage. The fact that your brother is in Canada creates more ties to Canada. Did you apply for a TRV as well or just an OWP?

Last edited:

mhsjutt

Dec 10, 2022
I believe husband's work permit is expiring soon, that might be a solid reason. The processing time was like 11 months so Idk of course the PGWP is coming close to end. When we applied it was 4 months after marriage. I did provide sufficient proof plus I did not mention a brother in Canada because it was irelevant to this application, so I think this Significant ties would mean husband. I have requested GCSM notes.

At any rate, my husband actually did get a pnp approval so we will be applying to Express Entry PR together soon. How should I mention this application in the EE profile I am not sure...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I believe husband's work permit is expiring soon, that might be a solid reason. The processing time was like 11 months so Idk of course the PGWP is coming close to end. When we applied it was 4 months after marriage. I did provide sufficient proof plus I did not mention a brother in Canada because it was irelevant to this application, so I think this Significant ties would mean husband. I have requested GCSM notes.

At any rate, my husband actually did get a pnp approval so we will be applying to Express Entry PR together soon. How should I mention this application in the EE profile I am not sure...
No need to mention the OWP application on the Express entry except you must indicate that you have previously been denied a permit/visa. That is very important. How much time did husband and wife spent in person after wedding? Have they met in person since the wedding? Was this an arranged marriage and did they get married on their first visit back to home country or did they meet in person and then get married on the next visit? Will likely be faster to arrive in Canada through the PNP application.

mhsjutt

Dec 10, 2022
This was an arranged marriage. We did spend some time together which was brief as he had to return for his job in Canada, he is applying under BC pnp which is approved. We have been talking regularly on phone and he sends me remittance as well. Plus we have photos etc to proof the legitimacy of our marriage.
I was under the process writing an LOE for mentioning previous refusal and to attach legitimacy of the marrige like photos remittance etc. Is it a good idea? or will it just over burden the officer?

praveenselva

Mar 26, 2023
This was an arranged marriage. We did spend some time together which was brief as he had to return for his job in Canada, he is applying under BC pnp which is approved. We have been talking regularly on phone and he sends me remittance as well. Plus we have photos etc to proof the legitimacy of our marriage.
I was under the process writing an LOE for mentioning previous refusal and to attach legitimacy of the marrige like photos remittance etc. Is it a good idea? or will it just over burden the officer?
Hi,
Any update here? Did you get Visa ?