+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Refusal

Navjotinder

Dec 31, 2018
hi everyone.I need suggestion .Actually i applied for SOWP and my husband get refused stated that i am unable to meet the requirements under Section 205 c (ii).I have no idea what is Section 205 c (ii).It will be great help.If anyone can answer to my question.Thanks in advance

Reactions: bob_schaf

sherin_davis

Feb 11, 2019
hi ,
i got my application rejected saying the same reason. When i checked online, i got the following answer. But i still have no idea what it means. Now my agent has applied for GCMS.

This is section 205,
205 A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national who intends to perform work that

• (a) would create or maintain significant social, cultural or economic benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents;

• (b) would create or maintain reciprocal employment of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada in other countries;

• (c) is designated by the Minister as being work that can be performed by a foreign national on the basis of the following criteria, namely,
    • (i) the work is related to a research program,

• (i.1) the work is an essential part of a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program offered by a designated learning institution as defined in section 211.1,

• (i.2) the work is an essential part of a program at the secondary level
      • (A) that is a vocational training program offered by a designated learning institution in Quebec, or

• (B) that is a program offered by a designated learning institution that requires students to work in order to obtain their secondary or high school diploma or certificate of graduation, or
    • (ii) limited access to the Canadian labour market is necessary for reasons of public policy relating to the competitiveness of Canada’s academic institutions or economy; or
  • (d) is of a religious or charitable nature.

Reactions: bob_schaf