+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP refusal, August 22, 2024

copibitog

Aug 23, 2024
Hi all,

My spouse is working in Canada as a Cybersecurity Analyst (TEER 1, NOC: 21220). She is in PGWP. We submitted the SOWP application through an agency on June 29, 2024. We got refusal on August 22, 2024, stating that "You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate that your spouse’s employment in a qualifying TEER. Refused under R205(c)(ii)."

We have submitted all the necessary documents of my spouse, including:
  1. Education proof
  2. Employment Reference Letter
  3. Pay stub: 3 months
  4. Bank certificate
  5. Work permit
  6. Tax statement: 2 years
She is remotely working as part of a global team, and her supervisor resides in Australia. We strongly believe that the issue was in her Employment Reference Letter because, even though it was on the company's letterhead, it didn't include:
  1. The company's Canadian office address
  2. Payment information
  3. Signature
  4. TEER and NOC
Also, the contact numbers mentioned were from Australia.

However, the letter included:
  1. Her designation
  2. Employment start date (August 2023)
  3. Full-time working hours
  4. Duties performed and tools used
  5. Company name and website, as part of letterhead
It would be really helpful if someone could comment about this. Also, what would be the best next steps for us? Is reconsideration possible, or is only reapplying applicable?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

zee0310

Jul 23, 2024
I think the employment letter should have included NOC/TEER information, lately they have started for checking that factor! If the company has an office in canada, i would suggest include that detail as well

HR030

Sep 10, 2024
Hii
Currently i am perusing 2 year diploma program. I came in Canada in April 2023 and my study is going to be completed in 2025. I have applied for my husband’s SOWP for two times. 1st in September 2023 and he got refused in January 2024 and then I reapplied in feb 2024 and again I got refusal in August 2024. Now I applied for reconsideration and thinking for MP enquiry on it. Will it works or not ? Please somebody can help me

Reactions: copibitog

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hii
Currently i am perusing 2 year diploma program. I came in Canada in April 2023 and my study is going to be completed in 2025. I have applied for my husband’s SOWP for two times. 1st in September 2023 and he got refused in January 2024 and then I reapplied in feb 2024 and again I got refusal in August 2024. Now I applied for reconsideration and thinking for MP enquiry on it. Will it works or not ? Please somebody can help me
Unlikely to help given change in policy but you can certainly try. He no longer qualifies for an SOWP. You may have to wait until you are on PGWP to get the SOWP.