+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP in maintained status

AlbertoR

Aug 30, 2024
Hi everyone,

My study permit and my wife's open work permit are expiring in August 2024. I will be receiving my letter of completion and final transcripts around September 7th, 2024. We both applied for extensions to our permits in April 2024, so we will enter maintained status starting tomorrow.

My question is: Will my wife be able to continue working after I receive my letter of completion and final transcripts while she awaits the IRCC's response on her work permit extension application?

Thanks.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi everyone,

My study permit and my wife's open work permit are expiring in August 2024. I will be receiving my letter of completion and final transcripts around September 7th, 2024. We both applied for extensions to our permits in April 2024, so we will enter maintained status starting tomorrow.

My question is: Will my wife be able to continue working after I receive my letter of completion and final transcripts while she awaits the IRCC's response on her work permit extension application?

Thanks.
What extension did you apply for?

AlbertoR

Aug 30, 2024
What extension did you apply for?
I applied for my study permit extension and my wife applied for her work permit extension. Study permit and spouse open work permit are usually issued with 90 extra days after the student expected date of studies completion. In my case, I didn't receive those extra 90 days so that's why we had to apply for an extension