+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Extension in Canada

selinaa07

Sep 25, 2024
I have applied for my Spouse's Open work permit while waiting for my PGWP in May.
After getting my work permit and a NOC code job, i have updated them via webform and submitted my Full time Job letter, Employment letter and last 3 paystubs. Inspite of all these, his application got rejected yesterday and right now he is out of status. He also doesn't have TRV.

We are going to apply for restoration of status asap.
  1. Can we go for Flag poling after applying online? If yes, which location for Southern Ontario would be the best option?
  2. Should we apply for Reconsideration ?
  3. What are the chances of rejection/approval at flagpoling? And what will happen if it got rejected?
  4. If we only apply online, would he be able to work full time while waiting for his application decision?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for my Spouse's Open work permit while waiting for my PGWP in May.
After getting my work permit and a NOC code job, i have updated them via webform and submitted my Full time Job letter, Employment letter and last 3 paystubs. Inspite of all these, his application got rejected yesterday and right now he is out of status. He also doesn't have TRV.

We are going to apply for restoration of status asap.
  1. Can we go for Flag poling after applying online? If yes, which location for Southern Ontario would be the best option?
  2. Should we apply for Reconsideration ?
  3. What are the chances of rejection/approval at flagpoling? And what will happen if it got rejected?
  4. If we only apply online, would he be able to work full time while waiting for his application decision?
1. If he has no status in Canada then don’t flagpole. He needs to restore status to worker first but don’t go to the border.
2. So he applied for extension without you having a job? Then you added the documents via webform. No point in reconsideration. Just reapply.
3. Don’t flagpole. He has no status.
4. No he cannot work. He needs to restore status and the reapply. He can only work once approved.

Reactions: selinaa07

selinaa07

Sep 25, 2024
1. If he has no status in Canada then don’t flagpole. He needs to restore status to visitor first but don’t go to the border.
2. So he applied for extension without you having a job? Then you added the documents via webform. No point in reconsideration. Just reapply.
3. Don’t flagpole. He has no status.
4. No he cannot work. He needs to restore status and the reapply. He can only work once approved.
okay thank you so much. So i have to apply for restoration of status and apply for extension as well?