+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Logeswari R N

Jan 24, 2024
Hi anybody here submitted the SOWP biometrics in December and received their PPR?? (I’m in Canada on closed work permit and have applied for my husband & son in India) Biometrics submitted on December 27th..

simran_rajhans

Feb 29, 2024
Hi, I am applying for SOWP from India and my husband is on a study permit in Canada. I have all the necessary documents like the proof of relationship documents, financial and educational documents but i am applying by self and not with the help of any agent. I have few questions -
1) I have all the documents but is it necessary to get them notarised/signed by a gazetted officer?
2) Is one "Letter of Explanation" enough or should there be one more letter stating the relationship story or others?

If anyone has anything on the above, it will be of great help.
Thanks in advance!

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Dear @Naturgrl

I trust this message finds you well. I wanted to update you on the recent development regarding my work permit application. On February 5th, I received a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) citing concerns about misrepresentation of data, specifically related to visa refusals, overstays, or deportations.

In response, our attorney promptly addressed the issue, submitting a comprehensive set of documents, including passport copies, visa stamps, e-visas, and a detailed travel history. Despite these efforts, I received a refusal notice this morning under section 205(a).

I am reaching out to seek your valuable opinion on this matter. As per my understanding, the ICT category is typically reserved for roles with specialized skills, and my position as a Human Resources Manager/Talent Acquisition Manager may not fall under this category, could this be the reaon for my refusal ?

I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance you could provide to better understand the reason behind the refusal and explore potential avenues moving forward.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Chirantar

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024
Hi, I am student in Canada and my boyfriend is also student. We planned to get married so that my bf can get a work permit and one of us can study. So my question is when I am entring the information to create checklist in GC Key, It doesn't provide me the option to Apply Open Work Permit when I selecte his current status as student. But when I select his current status as a visitor, then it provides. Please guide me is it neccessary to give correct answers of all questions to create a proper Open Work Permit Checklist, does the IRCC checks our initials answers?

Jan 6, 2024
Hi,

i applied august 26th 2023 under the common law sponsorship for international students.My girlfriend is going to school and i applied under her to stay with her in canada during the duration of her studies. It has been 7 months and still waiting.All it says on my portal,final decision 7th december 2023.Application is in progress.Interestingly,a couple calls to the ircc agent and also my local MP assurance.They said all stages have passed.This was actually 2 months ago when i foind this our.Im really in need of help to know what exactly is taking so long.If all stages passed why isnt there an approval? Can anyone help me in elaborating or anyone else was in this same situation?

Focusteyurh

Sep 15, 2024
Hi all, I wanna apply for my spouse sowp, but I just started a new job as a full time welder, I have 2years college degree in welder technician and I’ve gotten my pgwp, was given 3yrs. But my concern is I left my previous job I got college and I just a new job last month as a full time Welder and I have just 2paystub from it, so I wanna know if I can add 1 of the pay jobs of my previous employer cos I have more than 5 of that or I have to wait till I have 3paystub of the new job.

Thank you

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi all, I wanna apply for my spouse sowp, but I just started a new job as a full time welder, I have 2years college degree in welder technician and I’ve gotten my pgwp, was given 3yrs. But my concern is I left my previous job I got college and I just a new job last month as a full time Welder and I have just 2paystub from it, so I wanna know if I can add 1 of the pay jobs of my previous employer cos I have more than 5 of that or I have to wait till I have 3paystub of the new job.

Thank you
You can include your pay stubs from previous employer and also attach your new job's offer letter. You don't have to wait for new paystubs from your recent employer.

Focusteyurh

Sep 15, 2024
You can include your pay stubs from previous employer and also attach your new job's offer letter. You don't have to wait for new paystubs from your recent employer.
Oh okay, thanks so much for that, my consultant told me same thing though, buy I was just tryna be sure so I don’t take risk, cos they’ve been refused twice already due to error of the previous agent I was using and I requested for GCMS after the second refusal and I saw that they complained about not having enough money to cover my spouse and 2kids and I was still in school then and don’t have a full time job to back it up. So I would just go ahead next week since I’m getting my first paystub this weekend. Thank you so much for your help.

Reactions: Mandalorian

rajadu21

Sep 16, 2024
Hello,

I am on LMIA closed work permit in Canada (TEER 2 Category Job) and want to apply for SOWP visa for my wife from India.
We have 4 years old kid and was wondering what type of visa I need to apply for my kid? For study permit for a kid, I do not have any admission letter.
Can I apply SOWP for my wife only and bring kid on visitor visa here ?

Please note that my kid and wife both has Canada TRV visitor visa from last year.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am on LMIA closed work permit in Canada (TEER 2 Category Job) and want to apply for SOWP visa for my wife from India.
We have 4 years old kid and was wondering what type of visa I need to apply for my kid? For study permit for a kid, I do not have any admission letter.
Can I apply SOWP for my wife only and bring kid on visitor visa here ?

Please note that my kid and wife both has Canada TRV visitor visa from last year.

Thanks
Study permit for kid because will be going to school. Don’t need admission letter. When was your closed WP approved and why not apply for them at the same time?

rajadu21

Sep 16, 2024
Study permit for kid because will be going to school. Don’t need admission letter. When was your closed WP approved and why not apply for them at the same time?
My closed work permit was approved by flag polling in Canada last year.

I need to apply SOWP for my wife and study permit for kid.

So, I should apply for SOWP for wife and Study Permit for kid together ? What to write as a school name for kid visa ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My closed work permit was approved by flag polling in Canada last year.

I need to apply SOWP for my wife and study permit for kid.

So, I should apply for SOWP for wife and Study Permit for kid together ? What to write as a school name for kid visa ?
Yes apply together. Child is minor so no need for LOA or school information. Where are you applying from?

Reactions: rajadu21

rajadu21

Sep 16, 2024
Yes apply together. Child is minor so no need for LOA or school information. Where are you applying from?
Thanks.

I am planning to apply online from India. What is current timeline to apply SOWP from India ?

Is flapling is still an option in Canada for SOWP? My wife and kid have visitor visa but I was thinking to not to take a chance.

Last edited:

Focusteyurh

Sep 15, 2024
Again please, how much can you advise to print with my wife SOP, I have up to $15k CAD in my CAD account, and about $17,000 CAD in my spouse account if I convert it, with some certain amount of money in my corporate account back home. I don’t know if that is enough for my spouse and 2kids, since they’ve been complaining about money. I’ve been printing with a lot of money in my corporate accounts, but with little money in my spouse acc for the 2 refusal. It was the GCMS that made me realize that they don’t care about the corporate account cos the money there is meant for business. They calculated only the money in my spouse and decided it’s too small for my spouse and 2kids. So I just wanna correct all their complain in the GCMS before submitting. So pls kindly advise if the money we have in our account is okay or we still need more. Thanks