+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Application Delayed Beyond Processing Time

Trupti21

May 9, 2024
Hello everyone,
I applied for my husband's SOWP on March 9th, and our application series number is W3102. It has now been 21 weeks, while the current processing timeline is 19 weeks.

I've heard that raising a webform might push the application back and potentially delay the result further.
Has anyone else experienced this? What would you recommend? Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

zee0310

Jul 23, 2024
Hello everyone,
I applied for my husband's SOWP on March 9th, and our application series number is W3102. It has now been 21 weeks, while the current processing timeline is 19 weeks.

I've heard that raising a webform might push the application back and potentially delay the result further.
Has anyone else experienced this? What would you recommend? Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
mine was submitted on Feb 9, Application no. series is W3099 and i am still waiting for a decision

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Posted processing times are host estimated average. Not unusual to wait around 6 months. No benefit of sending webform.

aryan2080

Aug 7, 2024
This is stressful:
SOWP for PGWP holder working in Canada in TIER 1 job. Application submitted on April 18 from Nepal. Biometric updated the very next day. Upfront medical done, but even the medical is not updated.
Back then processing time was 16 weeks, now it is 33 weeks (are you serious?). If processing time was this much, I would have applied for visitor visa which would have been quicker and then applied for OWP from inside Canada.
What would be the best option besides waiting for 6-month long wait-period which seems to increase every week?