+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2023

malihakhan8

May 23, 2017
Hello everyone

I will be very happy if anyone get any update on SOWP application.
Share your timeline please

Applied 18 February, 2023
Outside Canada
Medical: 2 march 2023
No Update yet

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone

Outside Canada
No Update yet
You will find many, many threads on SOWPs under foreign workers to share timelines.

Reactions: Tophele

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
Hello everyone

Outside Canada
No Update yet
Have you got your decision yet? I hope you have. If not, then all I can say is, there is no fixed timeline for SOWP decision. Me and my husband applied together (SP + SOWP). We received our PPR in 25 days from the submission of application. Have faith. I'm hoping you'll get a good news soon. All the best.

Our timeline; just for reference:
Applied: 2 May
Biometric: 9 May
Medical, BVL, PPR: 26 May

malihakhan8

May 23, 2017
Have you got your decision yet? I hope you have. If not, then all I can say is, there is no fixed timeline for SOWP decision. Me and my husband applied together (SP + SOWP). We received our PPR in 25 days from the submission of application. Have faith. I'm hoping you'll get a good news soon. All the best.

Yes i got my decision
Applied: 18 Feb 2023
Upfront Medical: 2 march 2023
Medical Approved: 9 may 2023
PPR: 15 may 2023

Reactions: BalaKCB

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

That is much faster than average for an SOWP. Usually takes multiple months. Used to be closer to 6 months but seems to have gotten slightly faster.

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
That is much faster than average for an SOWP. Usually takes multiple months. Used to be closer to 6 months but seems to have gotten slightly faster.
You are right. At the moment, the processing time for OWP on IRCC website is stated as '9 weeks'.. But they are processing the files faster, I must say.

Rog01Ol

Jul 21, 2023
You are right. At the moment, the processing time for OWP on IRCC website is stated as '9 weeks'.. But they are processing the files faster, I must say.
Can we really check the OWP processing time specifically? On the check processing time web page we can only select for work permit in general. Does the processing time shown for a work permit corresponds to OWP as well?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can we really check the OWP processing time specifically? On the check processing time web page we can only select for work permit in general. Does the processing time shown for a work permit corresponds to OWP as well?
OWP is a work permit So processing times are the same for all types.

Reactions: Rog01Ol

Rog01Ol

Jul 21, 2023
OWP is a work permit So processing times are the same for all types.
Thanks for the response. I get to see many threads here were people specifically talk about SOWP processing and how at times it is more than several months. Is there different timelines for SOWP depending upon type of permit that the principal applicant is holding?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response. I get to see many threads here were people specifically talk about SOWP processing and how at times it is more than several months. Is there different timelines for SOWP depending upon type of permit that the principal applicant is holding?
Work permits are lumped into one group accept those through IMP program with high skilled jobs. Many times the PA gets their permit first, like a study permit. Also depends on where you live.

Reactions: Rog01Ol

Rog01Ol

Jul 21, 2023
Work permits are lumped into one group accept those through IMP program with high skilled jobs. Many times the PA gets their permit first, like a study permit. Also depends on where you live.
In my case I got an ICT approval (letter of introduction) recently; i am still outside Canada (Norway) with plan to travel in Oct/Nov. But because my employer doesn't file for SOWP (they only file for a TRV), I filed for SOWP after i got my approval. My ICT though was processed quite quickly - got a BIL in a week and then PPR within couple of days of biometric submission. Was wondering if similar timelines could be expected for an SOWP or it takes generally longer.