+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

South African Study Permit rejected

kimryno

Jul 9, 2018
Hi all,

I am South African and was also rejected based on 2 factors (will not honor temporary visa)
1 - Purpose of Visit
2 - Current Employment

For 1 - I want to study for a Child and Youth Care advanced diploma @ Sheridan in Toronto. I have accommodation and related from my sister who is a citizen. I am 41 years old and my past studies are high school and a 1 year diploma. I am therefore looking to embark on a career based on my life experiences the last 20 years.

For 2 - I am a stay home mom. My husband supports us and has for years. I have work history not related, but I now want to do something worthy since my child is now 9.

It seems as though the VO hasn't really looked into m SOP which outlines the above. We have also stated that we want to return to help our own country. My husband wants to network while in Canada and return to open is own consulting business. We added we are also keen on the PGWP giving us 6 years to achive the experience needed.

I have asked for the officer notes already.

Any idea why this has been rejected? I hear South African applications are on the rise which makes them uncomfortable and even more strict - this is unfair though. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I am South African and was also rejected based on 2 factors (will not honor temporary visa)
1 - Purpose of Visit
2 - Current Employment

For 1 - I want to study for a Child and Youth Care advanced diploma @ Sheridan in Toronto. I have accommodation and related from my sister who is a citizen. I am 41 years old and my past studies are high school and a 1 year diploma. I am therefore looking to embark on a career based on my life experiences the last 20 years.

For 2 - I am a stay home mom. My husband supports us and has for years. I have work history not related, but I now want to do something worthy since my child is now 9.

It seems as though the VO hasn't really looked into m SOP which outlines the above. We have also stated that we want to return to help our own country. My husband wants to network while in Canada and return to open is own consulting business. We added we are also keen on the PGWP giving us 6 years to achive the experience needed.

I have asked for the officer notes already.

Any idea why this has been rejected? I hear South African applications are on the rise which makes them uncomfortable and even more strict - this is unfair though. Thanks!
Unfortunately your age and lack of formal work experience are really working against you. It probably doesn't make sense to IRCC why you would travel all the way to Canada to study rather than taking a similar course in your home country - and this makes them suspect you have plans on trying to remain in Canada long term. The fact you have a sister in Canada also works against you unfortunately. This has likely made IRCC even more concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. The fact you want to bring your husband and child with you reinforces this.

I would recommend you either get a year of paid work experience in the field or complete schooling in your home country before attempting to apply again to Canada.

I believe the officer did look at your SOP. It's your profile that's the problem. It doesn't make sense for you to be applying for a study permit - you look like an intended immigrant.