+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP HELP NEEDED !!!! :) Strong ties

nabeeeel

Feb 11, 2014
Your experience and knowledge is wanted !! :)

I've done my A levels and have gotten my admission in Columbia College in vancouver for the September intake 2014, it is a 2 year program of Associates degree in Business Administration.

My question is when writing the SOP for the canadian embassy should I mention, that I will after completion of this 2 year program transfer my credits to another university and complete my bachelors degree and then return back to pakistan !? where as my bank statement and assets are well enough to accommodate my stay for the two year program but not after that !

What should I write please Help !

shaikhashher

Aug 15, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nabeel,
You do not need to mention that you are going to transfer your credits to another Univ or something like that because as of now the Canadian Immigration rules state that a Student who holds a study permit will not be required to file for another one after completion of his studies instead he can file for an extension and continue further studies on the same permit so this makes it clear that u should not mention anything about coming back or staying there and continuing to study because that might raise a brow and have an adverse effect on your visa decision so just stay casual about it in the SOP. coz ur main aim as of now is to get a permit in the first place. once you have the permit and u land in canada you can study for as long as you want.

nabeeeel

Feb 11, 2014
I get the idea of you stating me being casual in my sop regarding my plan after graduation, but isn't that the core purpose of the sop to mention me plans ? :-\

shaikhashher

Aug 15, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMO the core idea of SOP is why you want to study the course of your choice in the college/university of your choice......its not about what you intend to do with the credential you achieve from the program of study. Lets see what others have to say about this....

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
nabeeeel said:
This is really bothering me, anyways how much long does the SOP need to be (approx word limit) ?
You just need to explain your purpose/thoughts, no matter whatever space they cover.
Usually 1-2 pages are enough.