+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP FOR SDS APPLICANTS

lj12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
You might have seen my previous post regarding the submission of SOP under SDS. As I have mentioned on my previous post, I wasn't able to submit any SOP to support my application.

Is there anyone here who got their STUDENT PERMIT APPROVED without providing SOP?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I have seen some cases where people got approved without SOP. People send SOP to make their application stronger, especially people who have masters end up taking diplomas.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
You might have seen my previous post regarding the submission of SOP under SDS. As I have mentioned on my previous post, I wasn't able to submit any SOP to support my application.

Is there anyone here who got their STUDENT PERMIT APPROVED without providing SOP?
I submitted my application without a sop so I’ll let you know haha

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
alright .
Btw here's my profile :
12th- 63%
BCA- 8.11 GPA
IELTS - 8.0
Program is relevant to the previous studies, should I submit without SOP?
It’s totally discretionary so you can if you want. Members on this forum are so adamant on that but personally I wouldn’t.

nomhsaj

Mar 27, 2021
It’s totally discretionary so you can if you want. Members on this forum are so adamant on that but personally I wouldn’t.
everywhere I ask, people always say to put SOP but when I checked the official document list for SDS it said otherwise. I'll see when I apply for the visa.
Anyway, please do update whenever you get your PPR, thanks!

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
People attach SoP to explain their circumstances.

For eg: I did my under graduation in Computer Science, but worked in Management for 6 years before I applied to a Master of Management program. So, I attached a SoP to explain my reasons for this change in the field, and to justify my work experience. It was a choice I made.

If you feel your application is self-explanatory, you don't need to attach a SoP.

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
alright .
Btw here's my profile :
12th- 63%
BCA- 8.11 GPA
IELTS - 8.0
Program is relevant to the previous studies, should I submit without SOP?
its good to submit. whats the harm in doing so? you can tell your accomplishments, finances which you could not in your application.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
its good to submit. whats the harm in doing so? you can tell your accomplishments, finances which you could not in your application.
If you have more than sufficient finances then sure but what if someone doesn’t have any more liquid assets to show? Then it might make a case weak. In addition to that, if your profile is strong but the sop you attach with it is not professional then the risk of getting rejected is way more than submitting an application without a sop.

Reactions: nomhsaj

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
If you have more than sufficient finances then sure but what if someone doesn’t have any more liquid assets to show? Then it might make a case weak. In addition to that, if your profile is strong but the sop you attach with it is not professional then the risk of getting rejected is way more than submitting an application without a sop.
SOP has to be well written - no doubt about it.

lj12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
HELLO! I GOT AN APPROVAL WITHOUT SOP

Upfront Medical: February 19, 2021
Application Submitted: March 5, 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter: March 6, 2021
Biometrics: March 8, 2021
Medical Pased: March 12, 2021
Background Check: On process
Eligibility Review: March 17, 2021
BVL: March 24, 2021