+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP after 2 refusals

Lifo32

Dec 23, 2019
Hello all. a few days ago I received my second study permit refusal with the same reason of the first one. The reason for both refusals is:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I'm a high school student willing to study in grade 11 in Canada.
In my previous SOP, I have mentioned I’m willing to finish my high school studies in Canada in order to secure a smooth transition to university.
Also, I have mentioned how obtaining a Canadian degree can result in more salary, higher job position and stuff like that when I'm back home.
Moreover, I have explained why I’m not going to enroll in similar programs in my country of origin, I have mentioned the programs in my country aren’t on a par with new methodologies and research partly due to the current international sanctions.
Do you think what’s wrong with my SOP and how should I write my new SOP?
Is there anyone who got their study permit after 2 refusals?

JASS9770

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello all. a few days ago I received my second study permit refusal with the same reason of the first one. The reason for both refusals is:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
In my previous SOP, I have mentioned I’m willing to finish my high school studies in Canada in order to secure a smooth transition to university.
Also, I have mentioned how obtaining a Canadian degree can result in more salary, higher job position and stuff like that when I'm back home.
Moreover, I have explained why I’m not going to enroll in similar programs in my country of origin, I have mentioned the programs in my country aren’t on a par with new methodologies and research partly due to the current international sanctions.
yeah plenty of people get approved after 2 refusuals.it all depends on addressing the concerns of visa officer.you should apply for GCMS notes to know in detail why you were refused so you can address the concern of visa officer.https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893

Lifo32

Dec 23, 2019
yeah plenty of people get approved after 2 refusuals.it all depends on addressing the concerns of visa officer.you should apply for GCMS notes to know in detail why you were refused so you can address the concern of visa officer.https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893
Yes I ordered GCMS notes today.
thank you for your reply
But in general, according to what I stated above, do you think my previous SOP was a good one?

JASS9770

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Yes I ordered GCMS notes today.
thank you for your reply
But in general, according to what I stated above, do you think my previous SOP was a good one?
you should definitely rewrite your SOP.refusals based purpose of visit are mostly due to SOP but you'll know in detail what caused your refusal once receive GCMS notes.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Sorry for the refusal but your explanation does not sound convincing it's like you are downgrading the educational system in Nigeria and that's something you should never do cause they know..and moreover we nigerians take more courses than the Canadians, British,Americans it's just that we lack in practical so your reason must be genuine you can be like you want international exposure and don't state that after studies you intend to remain in Canada even if you would.

Reactions: Lifo32

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Em
Employment prospects are poor in your home country. Saying that a Canadian degree will result in higher salary etc. is entirely made up reason by you, and does not prove that you will leave Canada. It is difficult for the visa officer to believe that.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Em

Employment prospects are poor in your home country. Saying that a Canadian degree will result in higher salary etc. is entirely made up reason by you, and does not prove that you will leave Canada. It is difficult for the visa officer to believe that.
Yeah I get it from your perspective this vo analyze things on a complex level after writing your sop take a seat and check if I were to be a vo would I believe what am writing you saying that a Canadian degree results in high salary they would be like you are undermining the system just think critically before you write a loe best of luck and wish you success on your second application