+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

someone please help!!! DECISION MADE!!!

mrsislamaj

May 26, 2015
Hi everyone

I hope anyone could help me.

I used to sign online everyday but I was driving myself mad.

I signed on yesterday and it has changed to decision made!! It says the office will contact us concerning their decision.

We are doing an outland application through Rome.

We have waited 15 months!!!

Can anyone tell me now what happens? How long will it take for us to hear something and is the decision sent by mail and if so to both of us? How long from your experience does it typically take? We didn't send in his PR application with the sponsorship as well so how do we go about doing that if all goes well? I so excited and I feel like any day now we will know and the waiting will finally be over and eventually me and my hubby can start our marriage and enjoy our long waited future together.

Any feed back, advice or stories would help.

Wish us luck for our final decision. Nothing can stop us!!! :)

Baylee

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
What do you mean you did not send the PR application? How was your file forwarded to Rome without the applicant's portion, and more importantly, what were they doing for 15 months without it?

mrsislamaj

May 26, 2015
Okay sorry this is the issue. I did this all on my own and may not understand. I am 25. My husband is in Albania for 2 years and I go back and fourth. His file got transfered to Rome from Ottawa ( so that is the PR application ???? ) I was totally misunderstood I guess because I thought the application that was sent to Rome was our sponsorship application? It has also been 15 months since my file was received but May 15 2015 it was processed and now it changed to decison. So now the decision is made I thought thatwe would have to do the PR application seperatly before my husband can come home? Im sorry I deal with this all at the best of my.knowledge. But that is great news. So is the decision is made now. How long till I know and what is next???

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Okay, so you did send in the applicant's portion. If your husband is not visa-exempt, he will get a request for his passport. If he is visa-exempt, then you will get his confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) in the mail. If they haven't requested any other documents or had any other issues, the decision should be positive.

mrsislamaj

May 26, 2015
We had our interview in Albania march 11 and it went great. Very well. And a week later our visa officer asked for my husbands original divorce certificate and that was it.

He is from a country that needs a visa to come to Canada.

So how long after the decision is made and actually updated in the system.will we hear something???

And his COPR? Can we book a ticket right away with that? Or do we have to send more documents in? ( if so I would lile to prepare them now in advance) they haven't requested his passport either although they have many copies of it.

Thank you!!! All I'm wondering now that it is decision made and all goes well, how long do you think till my husband is home??

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrsislamaj said:
Okay sorry this is the issue. I did this all on my own and may not understand. I am 25. My husband is in Albania for 2 years and I go back and fourth. His file got transfered to Rome from Ottawa ( so that is the PR application ???? ) I was totally misunderstood I guess because I thought the application that was sent to Rome was our sponsorship application? It has also been 15 months since my file was received but May 15 2015 it was processed and now it changed to decison. So now the decision is made I thought thatwe would have to do the PR application seperatly before my husband can come home? Im sorry I deal with this all at the best of my.knowledge. But that is great news. So is the decision is made now. How long till I know and what is next???
Everything seems good but you just got to wait I am not sure it depends really

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
mrsislamaj said:
We had our interview in Albania march 11 and it went great. Very well. And a week later our visa officer asked for my husbands original divorce certificate and that was it.

He is from a country that needs a visa to come to Canada.

So how long after the decision is made and actually updated in the system.will we hear something???

And his COPR? Can we book a ticket right away with that? Or do we have to send more documents in? ( if so I would lile to prepare them now in advance) they haven't requested his passport either although they have many copies of it.

Thank you!!! All I'm wondering now that it is decision made and all goes well, how long do you think till my husband is home??
Since he requires a VISA, you should get a letter in the mail requesting his passport so they can affix a permanent visa counterfoil int he passport. Once he has that, he will be able to book his flight to Canada and undergo landing. I would give it 2-4 weeks for the letter to arrive, but if it hasn't arrived after 2 weeks, contact your visa office and inquire, just to be sure it was sent.