+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Someone please give some advice here...

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application for a PR will most possibly be sent back with a refund due to the new 38 occupations that were revealed recently. I live in the US State of Oregon.
With that in mind, is it still possible to marry my fiance (who lives in Alberta) and then re-apply for a PR under a family status (she would sponsor me)? Do I have to wait an amount of time before I can re-apply this way? How long do I have to wait to re-apply after I do get married? We would have the ceremony in Alberta and hope that would facilitate a more promising and positive outcome.

Please...someone...anyone with advice or knowledge on this?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can withdraw your FSW if you know it will be sent back anyway and then apply for sponsorship as soon as you get married.

M

med

i dont think you will have any problems if you widraw and reapply under spouse partner application . good luck

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK then...if it has not been sent back by the time I get married in Alberta, is it possible to amend the application and put that application in a new stream?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You want to change an FSW application to a spousal sponsorship application? I don't think you can do that. They are completely different applications, forms etc.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
And getting married in Canada, as opposed to somewhere else, isn't going to do anything to promote a more promising outcome. You will be assessed like any other spousal application - is the marriage a genuine one, or was it entered into just to facilitate the entry of the foreign national to Canada?