+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some questions about family sponsorship

Andrei13

Oct 15, 2013
Hi all
I am sponsoring my parents and I have some questions as the website is not that clear for me.
I was in a common law relationship for few years and I have a baby that is three years old and she is Canadian. We decided to split and despite the fact that we are still under the same roof (we are selling the house soon) I am not sure if to consider her still a common law partner or not. We are in a separation process with lawyers etc. so I do not intend in fact to consider her still my common law partner and therefore I do not want to add her on the application. She is PR, she received it this year. I applied to sponsor her, but she also applied via skilled worker class and she got it that way, so I called and cancelled my sponsorship application.
1) Assuming that I put myself as a single, I do not have to add her anywhere in the application, and she is not under any of the previous undertakings as she became PR using her application and the spousal one is now cancelled. Correct?
2) As there is no official document for common law, I guess one can rely only on declarations so what should I consider the size of my family on the Financial Evaluation for this year? In my opinion we split officially in October this year , so should I add her or not?
3) Maybe for simplicity, as we are still under the same roof I should still consider her as a family member and add her? I guess that will be easier.
4) In that case we will be a party of 3: me her and our daughter. I will not use her as a co-signer so this may be the easiest solution. What do you think?
5) Now, I am sponsoring my parents so 2 people. I also have a brother here in Canada and he is 39 and he is Canadian so I do not have to add him anywhere correct?
6) I think there is a mistake on the financial evaluation form, in 3 A) where is says to put the number of people included in box #3 in the Generic Application. There if you look it asks precisely, how many members including you are in this application: so how many? Assuming I consider my common law partner? 5? Me her our daughter and my parents? But then in the Financial form in 3A I have to put only 2, right my parents??? Very confusing, why they say to use that line from the Generic Application here.
7) For number 6 in the FInanical application I need to put my daughter only correct?
Cool It is unclear to me if in that table that you pasted with the LICO, thos numbers are LICO +30%? Or should we add the 30%?
9) In the application to sponsor, question 6 (it was debated few times) but I do not agree with what you guys think. It says Relation to the principal applicant: It is the sponsor who completes this, so in my case I think it should be “child” as the sponsor is the child of the Principal Applicant, am I wrong?
10) Finally, it was also been asked but I want to double check: it is said that when you submit the application to submit the sponsorship application together with the PR application. So on top of those forms that I have mainly asked about, are there any forms for the PR application for my parents? Where should I find them?
11) Do they require me to submit now the medical and the police certificates?
I know that I have quite some questions, but I will really really appreciate if you can answer me to each. Thanks a lot

Good luck to all applicants
Andrei

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Andrei13 said:
1) Assuming that I put myself as a single, I do not have to add her anywhere in the application, and she is not under any of the previous undertakings as she became PR using her application and the spousal one is now cancelled. Correct?
2) As there is no official document for common law, I guess one can rely only on declarations so what should I consider the size of my family on the Financial Evaluation for this year? In my opinion we split officially in October this year , so should I add her or not?
3) Maybe for simplicity, as we are still under the same roof I should still consider her as a family member and add her? I guess that will be easier.
4) In that case we will be a party of 3: me her and our daughter. I will not use her as a co-signer so this may be the easiest solution. What do you think?
5) Now, I am sponsoring my parents so 2 people. I also have a brother here in Canada and he is 39 and he is Canadian so I do not have to add him anywhere correct?
6) I think there is a mistake on the financial evaluation form, in 3 A) where is says to put the number of people included in box #3 in the Generic Application. There if you look it asks precisely, how many members including you are in this application: so how many? Assuming I consider my common law partner? 5? Me her our daughter and my parents? But then in the Financial form in 3A I have to put only 2, right my parents??? Very confusing, why they say to use that line from the Generic Application here.
7) For number 6 in the FInanical application I need to put my daughter only correct?
Cool It is unclear to me if in that table that you pasted with the LICO, thos numbers are LICO +30%? Or should we add the 30%?
9) In the application to sponsor, question 6 (it was debated few times) but I do not agree with what you guys think. It says Relation to the principal applicant: It is the sponsor who completes this, so in my case I think it should be “child” as the sponsor is the child of the Principal Applicant, am I wrong?
10) Finally, it was also been asked but I want to double check: it is said that when you submit the application to submit the sponsorship application together with the PR application. So on top of those forms that I have mainly asked about, are there any forms for the PR application for my parents? Where should I find them?
11) Do they require me to submit now the medical and the police certificates?
I know that I have quite some questions, but I will really really appreciate if you can answer me to each. Thanks a lot
Hi

I suggest you and your ex complete a Statutory Declaration regarding the end of the relationship ASAP.

1. Correct.

2. Family size is determined at the time you apply. Your ex will not be included.

3. Though you are still under the same roof, you are no longer together, so she is not considered a family member of yours.

4. As above.

5. Your brother is not added anywhere in the app.

6. IMM0008 is filled out by the Principal Applicant, which is one of your parents. When it asks "how many...including you", it's asking the PA, not the sponsor. The answer for that question is 2, which is what you put in question 3A of the Financial Evaluation.

7. Yes, your daughter is included in Question 6.

8. The numbers given already include the 30%. I don't believe that the forms have been updated with the 2015 info yet.

9. Correct. I don't understand how people screw that one up.

10. Just follow the document checklist.

11. No. Medicals and PCCs will be requested later in the process.

Andrei13

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks a lot, so just to be sure that this is the list regarding the docs I have to send + those marriage certificate etc. There is no other PR application for them right? Thanks a lot again

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) (PDF, 441.45 KB)
Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IMM 5768) (PDF, 1.48 MB)
Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) (PDF, 636.51 KB)
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) (PDF, 495.67 KB)
Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) (PDF, 424.19 KB)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) (PDF, 776.39 KB)
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) (PDF, 570.00 KB)
Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) (PDF, 648.31 KB)
Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) (PDF, 565.20 KB)
Document Checklist (IMM 5771) (PDF, 251.35 KB)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Andrei13 said:
Thanks a lot, so just to be sure that this is the list regarding the docs I have to send + those marriage certificate etc. There is no other PR application for them right?
There is no other application. Note that not all of the forms have been updated for 2016 yet.

Andrei13

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks. I realized that, do you think all of them will be or, only that income one will be. How long should I wait, I need to send the forms to Romania for my parents to sign them.

Also for the statutory declaration that myself and my ex common law are not together anymore, is there a specific form that I have to complete. In that financial evaluation form there is a table where they want in each of the last 3 years the size of the family, I believe it will be 5 5 5 as the last year is 2015 so in that year we were still together. This year it will be 4, or now actually. Are you sure I have to attach that form that we are not common law, as I have not seen it anywhere. The salary is not a problem I can easily cover 5 people, so even if she is in I am still ok. Thanks a lot again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Andrei13 said:
Thanks. I realized that, do you think all of them will be or, only that income one will be. How long should I wait, I need to send the forms to Romania for my parents to sign them.

Also for the statutory declaration that myself and my ex common law are not together anymore, is there a specific form that I have to complete.

In that financial evaluation form there is a table where they want in each of the last 3 years the size of the family, I believe it will be 5 5 5 as the last year is 2015 so in that year we were still together. This year it will be 4, or now actually.

Are you sure I have to attach that form that we are not common law, as I have not seen it anywhere.

The salary is not a problem I can easily cover 5 people, so even if she is in I am still ok.
Probably just the financial form but you never know. I believe they were updated mid November last year.

There is no specific form. Write a letter declaring that you are no longer together and have it notarized.

Your ex is not included in your family size count at all. Your family size for every year is 4, as that is what it will be when you apply.

You don't need to include it in the app. I advised you to get one now in case IRCC questions the situation later on.

It's not about salary. Despite still living under the same roof, you are (I assume) no longer in a marriage-like relationship, so she is no longer your common-law partner.