+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solicitor help about the criminal record

rohit123

Sep 26, 2009
Hi

Right now im working in canada in IT Industry on temporary worker from Indian Company . Recently i applied for Federal Skilled Immigration within canada . But still now i didnt get the first level approval letter .

Last night one big mistake happen with me . I went to food store to buy groceries and i opened the plan cronsissent bakery box and i ate one piece . But i didnt paied for that box. I took another new bakery box and paid for it .

The security guy catched me and called to police for not paying & eating from the opened plain crosissent bakery box . The police charged me saying that i need to write a letter to store manager for apology and paid the opened box .

I requested alot to police saying that recently i applied for immigration , it ill affect my carrier . I requested to her dont make a note in my criminal records. Because it ill affect to my immigration .

Now i dont know whether she will note down this incident in their police records and will it afffect to my immigration .

So please let me know any one who knows the canadian law whether this incident will affect to my immigration .

It is urgent and im very tense about this one .

Regards
rohit

rohit123

Sep 26, 2009
hi

thanks alot for mail .

she didnt get any document from me. But the store security guy filled the form with my details and wrote the situation what happen in the store. Like what i ate and i didnt paid the opened box .

she(police) took my details like my address, driving license number .

i requested her dont make notes in my crminal record. i dont know whether she will write the notes or not .

Now i lost my carrier in canada .

pls help me what to do now .

regards
rohit

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rohit123 said:
hi

thanks alot for mail .

she didnt get any document from me. But the store security guy filled the form with my details and wrote the situation what happen in the store. Like what i ate and i didnt paid the opened box .

she(police) took my details like my address, driving license number .

i requested her dont make notes in my crminal record. i dont know whether she will write the notes or not .

Now i lost my carrier in canada .

pls help me what to do now .

regards
rohit
You weren't charged nor arrested, there will not be any record, so in future stop stealing donuts.

PMM

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
i'm not an expert in canadian law or law for that matter.
here's my guess:

if u r not charged in a court of law (that is, appear in a court and have the charges read to you in the presence of a judge), u should not have any police criminal record.
also, civil offense is different from criminal offense and will not lead to a police criminal record.
however, shoplifting should be a criminal offense.

if u have some money and want to have peace of mind, go consult a lawyer.
it probably won't cost you more than a couple of hundreds.

be law-abiding next time. also be careful.

i'm always very careful when i go shopping -- sometimes, it is possible to walk out without paying if you are absent-minded -- but the police won't accept this as an excuse -- so i am always extra-cautious -- anyway these days i try to buy everything online.

rohit123 said:
Hi

Right now im working in canada in IT Industry on temporary worker from Indian Company . Recently i applied for Federal Skilled Immigration within canada . But still now i didnt get the first level approval letter .

Last night one big mistake happen with me . I went to food store to buy groceries and i opened the plan cronsissent bakery box and i ate one piece . But i didnt paied for that box. I took another new bakery box and paid for it .

The security guy catched me and called to police for not paying & eating from the opened plain crosissent bakery box . The police charged me saying that i need to write a letter to store manager for apology and paid the opened box .

I requested alot to police saying that recently i applied for immigration , it ill affect my carrier . I requested to her dont make a note in my criminal records. Because it ill affect to my immigration .

Now i dont know whether she will note down this incident in their police records and will it afffect to my immigration .

So please let me know any one who knows the canadian law whether this incident will affect to my immigration .

It is urgent and im very tense about this one .

Regards
rohit

rohit123

Sep 26, 2009
Hi

Thanks Alot all you guys replies .

I applied the federal skilled category program with the help of Immigration Lawyer . So im going to see the lawyer on monday about my incident happen on last night .

But the police lady, she told me that she charging like writing a full page of letter(apology) to store manager and paying the opened crossiant box .

Actual what is a criminal record . It means killing some or anything else like stealing the things as well??

Please let me know

Regards
rohit

inquisitive

Sep 25, 2009
No, unless you were arrested and then received court documents indicating you have to show up in court and face trial, you were not charged and certainly not convicted. No criminal record. The police woman probably made you write a letter of apology to satisfy the store manager and nothing more.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
So can you tell this forum what actually prompted you to shoplift?
Was that your first time or it is really in your habit?
My advice for you? Be clean.

rohit123

Sep 26, 2009
Hi All

Thanks Alot for your support . Im early waiting for monday to see the immigration lawyer and explaing what was happen last night .

Chandan: Actually i was hungry and ate one plan crossiant . And i thought that i will have another new box instead of paying the opened box . This is my big mistake . And i dont have habit to stealing the things from anywhere in the world. I dont want to became theaf . But i want to go ahead in my life to reach the higher postions in my carrier. I dont bother aboout for few dollars . This is silllly mistake which penalizing me alot now . But i dont do again anything like that in future anywhere .

Regards
rohit

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
hey

so just follow the rules guys...

B

belize

What the hell you worry too much wont happen anything unless if you been charge and have to face the court and they can proof charge against you then will appear in your criminal record otherwise nothng gonna happen trust me don't be afraid for every single thing and about shoplifting don't steal small small thing specially food it will hurt your stomoch.

rohit123

Sep 26, 2009
Hi All ,

Thanks Alot all of your enquires .
Any more comments and help will be appreciated please.

regards
rohit

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there will be no problems. Why don't you try to get a police clearance in Canada now to sleep well?