+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing in Canada

Sep 12, 2023
Hello,

I've looked through the forms and was unable to find the entire step by step process of soft landing. I am looking to travel to canada with my copr for a week and return back to India.

Please guide me.

1. I see many say the officer is not taking address of a friend. How do I avoid this situation? Should I fill the form for items I'm bringing to permanently settle? I can tell them I have all my stuff in canada as my studies finished 4 months back and I only brought my clothes and laptop now.

2. What things should I be prepared for during soft landing and how do I make sure my pr application is in process.

Please add any other info related to soft landing I should be aware of. I am only there for 5 days and dont want to mess it up.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

I've looked through the forms and was unable to find the entire step by step process of soft landing. I am looking to travel to canada with my copr for a week and return back to India.

Please guide me.

1. I see many say the officer is not taking address of a friend. How do I avoid this situation? Should I fill the form for items I'm bringing to permanently settle? I can tell them I have all my stuff in canada as my studies finished 4 months back and I only brought my clothes and laptop now.

2. What things should I be prepared for during soft landing and how do I make sure my pr application is in process.

Please add any other info related to soft landing I should be aware of. I am only there for 5 days and dont want to mess it up.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
About #1 - I haven't seen those incidences (at least on the forum). Is it really happening? Any incidence from the forum itself that you can share?