+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

bahadur4u

Jun 27, 2011
Dear all,

i am new to the forum... i am a social worker by profession in a canadian organization in Pakistan. But my qualifications are M.Sc Health and Physical Education and M.Sc Economics. Does it affect my chances. ?

Today is 27th June, 2011, looking like i missed applying before 30th June, 2011. I wanted to apply under category 4152 social workers.
I am worried that weather the category will remain in the list or not after 30th June, 2011. ??

My age is 34 on this april. IELTS 6.5 equals to 14 points. experince more than 5.5 years.
Are new changes will reduce my scores in these criterias. ?
Help me in this regard.

Regards,
Bahadur

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bahadur4u said:
Dear all,

i am new to the forum... i am a social worker by profession in a canadian organization in Pakistan. But my qualifications are M.Sc Health and Physical Education and M.Sc Economics. Does it affect my chances. ?

Today is 27th June, 2011, looking like i missed applying before 30th June, 2011. I wanted to apply under category 4152 social workers.
I am worried that weather the category will remain in the list or not after 30th June, 2011. ??

My age is 34 on this april. IELTS 6.5 equals to 14 points. experince more than 5.5 years.
Help me in this regard.

Regards,
Bahadur
Hi!

New changes will infact help you more. It is prediction that under new rules points for age and Ielts will be increased and as your age is less than 35 and IELTs is also ok so you would be benefitted. Don't worry.. Tell me one thing whats your individual Ielts score in each band?

Thanks

bahadur4u

Jun 27, 2011
pittabread said:
Hi!

New changes will infact help you more. It is prediction that under new rules points for age and Ielts will be increased and as your age is less than 35 and IELTs is also ok so you would be benefitted. Don't worry.. Tell me one thing whats your individual Ielts score in each band?

Thanks
Dear Pittabread, Thank you for your response: at the moment my IELTS certificate is not with me but i can recall that Speaking 7, Reading 7.5, Writing 6.5, listening 5.5.

Dear please guide me that as i mentioned my degrees (M.Sc Health and Physical Education and M.Sc Economics) though come under social sciences but in the NOC guideline it is mentioned that as social worker you require a bachelor degree or diploma in Social Work. 2ndly i have 5.5 years experience of working as District coordinator Health, eduation and water supply sector in a project in Pakistan implemented by a Canadian Organization. So, can you guide me specifically on this point. Whether i can qualify for social worker when i have the required experiience but not social work degree / diploma.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bahadur4u said:
Dear Pittabread, Thank you for your response: at the moment my IELTS certificate is not with me but i can recall that Speaking 7, Reading 7.5, Writing 6.5, listening 5.5.

Dear please guide me that as i mentioned my degrees (M.Sc Health and Physical Education and M.Sc Economics) though come under social sciences but in the NOC guideline it is mentioned that as social worker you require a bachelor degree or diploma in Social Work. 2ndly i have 5.5 years experience of working as District coordinator Health, eduation and water supply sector in a project in Pakistan implemented by a Canadian Organization. So, can you guide me specifically on this point. Whether i can qualify for social worker when i have the required experiience but not social work degree / diploma.
Hi!

1) Your Ielts is good as you score 14 points under current rules which might increase to 18 under new rules I suppose.

2) What we have learnt from this forum that mostly its job duties that matter and not degree to apply for PR and many people have done that..

3) Regarding work experience you need to have atleast 1 year of continuos work experience in the related noc to qualify and as you have it so no problems and your past experience in Canadian organisation would definitley help you more.

Thanks

bahadur4u

Jun 27, 2011
pittabread said:
Hi!

1) Your Ielts is good as you score 14 points under current rules which might increase to 18 under new rules I suppose.

2) What we have learnt from this forum that mostly its job duties that matter and not degree to apply for PR and many people have done that..

3) Regarding work experience you need to have atleast 1 year of continuos work experience in the related noc to qualify and as you have it so no problems and your past experience in Canadian organisation would definitley help you more.

Thanks
Thank you Pittabread, you clear the biggest dount in my mind. Hopefully i will submit my case in July, 2011 ie next month.
Thank you very much.

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
bahadur4u said:
Thank you Pittabread, you clear the biggest dount in my mind. Hopefully i will submit my case in July, 2011 ie next month.
Thank you very much.

same case here bahadur. i have MSC economics and MBA, 5.5 years experience in social works, applied on 17th june 2011. n waiting for dd encashment and PER hopefully....u have bright chances... apply as early as u can.

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
pittabread said:
Hi!

Thanks
hi..
I've heard that the rule wouldn't change till 2012.... during 2011 the rule is the same before june 2011....

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazafarin said:
hi..
I've heard that the rule wouldn't change till 2012.... during 2011 the rule is the same before june 2011....
Dear these are all speculations, some people saying rules will change and some saying opposite. Only time will tell and its only 2 days left. I wish good luck to all..... :)

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
GEN. GUDU said:
I also applied as social worker. before applying I completed my credential evalution from Canadian Association of Social Worker CASW. I got my result that my degree is equalant to Canadian Master of Social Work MSW. Then I sent my Result to Alberta College of Social Work for Practice Permit and they replied me that just pay fee and fill the form and send along with Police Clearance Certificate to us we will issue you a practice permit then you can work in all Alberta...

I sent my application and it received on 18 Apr.
hi
i have a question... is it possible for everyone to send to CASW for evalution our degree or no?!!!! because i found out that foreign workers should train in canada again.... I live in Iran and gratuated from one of the iranian university... as well as i work in a govermental center which give some help to street children... can i do like you have done? plz advise me :D

Deshi bhai

Jun 7, 2011
FSW Program for 2011/2012

The Minister has announced that the current Occupation List will be continued for the coming year BUT the maximums have been halved; i.e., 500 per occupation, 10,000 in total.

Now, for applicants who do not have an offer of employment in Canada, the government will further limit the number of new federal skilled worker applications that are considered for processing to 10,000 a year, beginning July 1. This limit will help better align the number of applications with labour market demand. Within the 10,000 limit, a maximum of 500 new applications in each of the current 29 priority occupations will be considered.

bahadur4u

Jun 27, 2011
zeenat imran said:
bahadur4u said:
Thank you very much.

same case here bahadur. i have MSC economics and MBA, 5.5 years experience in social works, applied on 17th june 2011. n waiting for dd encashment and PER hopefully....u have bright chances... apply as early as u can.
i have a question that whether a bank certificate from bank manager only showing current bank balance would be enough or i have to present a full bank statement covering 6 months or a year period transactions.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
nazafarin said:
hi
i have a question... is it possible for everyone to send to CASW for evalution our degree or no?!!!! because i found out that foreign workers should train in canada again.... I live in Iran and gratuated from one of the iranian university... as well as i work in a govermental center which give some help to street children... can i do like you have done? plz advise me :D
Yes, if you have a social work degree from any university outside Canada, CASW will assess it against the Canadian degree. Evaluating your credentials increases your job prospects.I don't think you would need to retrain once CASW certifies that your degree is equivalent to that of Canadian degree. For example, I did MA Social Work outside Canada and CASW certified that it is equivalent to Canadian MA. So you can have ur degree assessed while you go through the immigration process. Hope this helps. Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
bahadur4u said:
Dear all,

Help me in this regard.

Regards,
Bahadur
Hi,
Form the the little insight into the new instruction, NOC 4152 will remain on the list, but the number will be halved to 500.
Your course is in the social science field and the important thing is you have more than the mandatory 1 year experience plus your EILTS is ready. I will just advise that you wait a few more days to see when the new rules and possibly new application forms will set in before launching your application. So be on a loot out for CIC updates! Good luck! Mandie

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
mandiebraxton said:
Yes, if you have a social work degree from any university outside Canada, CASW will assess it against the Canadian degree. Evaluating your credentials increases your job prospects.I don't think you would need to retrain once CASW certifies that your degree is equivalent to that of Canadian degree. For example, I did MA Social Work outside Canada and CASW certified that it is equivalent to Canadian MA. So you can have ur degree assessed while you go through the immigration process. Hope this helps. Mandie
if my degree is not evualed will cic reject my application.?i have not applied for CASW....