+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Worker-what kind of educational background do I need?

kindbeans

May 25, 2011
Hi all,

To migrate as a skilled worker/professional under "social worker", do I need to have a BA in Social Work to qualify? Or that a BA in anything? I only have a Diploma In mass communications.

And how many years of experience of social work do I need to qualify for this?

Please help.

MASunny

Apr 20, 2012
Most likely experience but degree in similar subject is also good!

kindbeans said:
Hi all,

To migrate as a skilled worker/professional under "social worker", do I need to have a BA in Social Work to qualify? Or that a BA in anything? I only have a Diploma In mass communications.

Please help.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
kindbeans said:
Hi all,

Please help.
Not necessarily, there had been applicants who applied without a social work degree but still made it through. That was before though. No one knows what sort of changes there are going to bring in July. As they are talking about credential assessment as a requirement for application, maybe they will look out for qualification in the field and not just experience.
You might want to go through this thread of social workers:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/social-workers-4152-applied-alreadygoing-to-apply-t70325.0.html
Hope this helps.
*Mandie*