+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Worker vs Canadian Experienced Class

ds_rnk

Nov 6, 2012
Hi Seniors,

I am a Full-Time Web Developer in Toronto, planning to apply for PR in Ontario. I was a bit confused if I should apply under Skilled Worker or Canadian Experienced Class. I would appreciate if someone could help me with the same.
Also, someone told me that Ontario only processes 1000 application a year, is it true?
Following are my details:

• I have a permanent job (web developer)
  • I have 1+ year of experience in the same company (currently working)
  • I have 3 yrs of work permit expiring in 2014
  • I have 2 yrs of Post-Secondary Canadian Education + Bachelor's of Engineering degree from India

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Clearly you fulfill the conditions of Canadian Experienced Class. So, you should apply under Canadian Experienced Class.

ds_rnk

Nov 6, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. :D

Two more question. Do I need any other letters from the employer apart from the Permanent Job Letter? Is my Employer suppose to be taking any steps in my application, e.g Getting a LMO? Sorry for the lame question. I just started getting involved with the process and at first it looks a bit complicated and confusing. :-X

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Hi,
If you decided to apply under CEC category, go to the CIC website to read immigration documents for CEC. The application guide for CEC will help you. It isn't complex.

I can't recommend read documents for FSW and any other category....
I applied under FSW. When I started process, I googled and search result showed many informations (include posts on some bbs, personal blogs and websites).
I had read and then I was really confused... a few months later, I noticed those informations were about the family class or very old information.... it was bad...

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
ds_rnk said:
Hi Seniors,

I am a Full-Time Web Developer in Toronto, planning to apply for PR in Ontario. I was a bit confused if I should apply under Skilled Worker or Canadian Experienced Class. I would appreciate if someone could help me with the same.
Also, someone told me that Ontario only processes 1000 application a year, is it true?
Following are my details:

• I have a permanent job (web developer)
  • I have 1+ year of experience in the same company (currently working)
  • I have 3 yrs of work permit expiring in 2014
  • I have 2 yrs of Post-Secondary Canadian Education + Bachelor's of Engineering degree from India
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-experience-class-b52.0/