+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled worker and provintial nominee programs:more than 1 application possible?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will probably be easier to try for her TRV first rather than first start sponsorship and then try for TRV. I can not tell you if a TRP would interfere with sponsorship. Better discuss this with a lawyer. If the TRV works out, you will not need a TRP anyway, maybe cross that hurdle if you come to it.

gacillo2

May 29, 2009
Thanks again Leon,

We've done the on line assesement in order to figure out who should be the primary applicant: we both qualify. If so, you're telling me it doesn't matter, why? I thought that even though both qualify, there will be one of us who will get a higher score so that one should be the primary one.

Best regards and thank you very much again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For FSW, it doesn't matter if you have 67 points or 100. Either you qualify or you don't. I assume it's the same with Quebec but yeah, if one of you scores higher, that one can be the primary.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
i don't understand, if someone is coming under live-in caregiver program from outside of Canada and after 2 yr they can also apply for PR then why one has to show or convince VO that they will return to their home after their contract is over.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no guarantee that anyone will get PR, so they need to know that the person will comply with the terms of their status, so that if it expires they will leave the country.

starzibal said:
i don't understand, if someone is coming under live-in caregiver program from outside of Canada and after 2 yr they can also apply for PR then why one has to show or convince VO that they will return to their home after their contract is over.

Jan 12, 2010
Urgent how to get my passport back from embassy

Dear all i want to get back my passport and documents immediately from Canadian Embassy Islamabad as i am working in Qatar and my coming is calling me back to Qatar and i dont want to persue my masters in canada for atleast 1year.My urgent tavelling back to qatar is very important as my visa is expring on 21th of january and my only tavel document on which my qatari visa is stamped is my passport which is with embassy so kindly tell me how to get back my passport and other documents soon.I have already emailed to embassy but they havent replied till now.

So kindly kindly keeping the urgent situation and real danger of losing my job reply to my question urgently.
thanking u in advance.

gacillo2

May 29, 2009
Again thanks so much Leon,

For the time being, I do not have a PR nor a work permit, do you think it is feasible and realistic to successfully apply for a job position then apply for the visa? I don't see the point for a company to wait for you for several months till you get the visa. Do you think canadian employers make long-term job offers?

Thank you so much again

Best regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's hard to get a job when you are not in Canada, same with a job offer. Many employers prefer hiring Canadians or PR's or people on open work permits if at all possible because there's nothing they have to do for that. Of those that don't have a choice but to hire foreigners, I think most would prefer work permits because they get you working for them faster and you are stuck with them unless you get a new permit. If they give you a job offer (AEO) to use to apply for PR, they will be waiting for you longer and you are not actually obligated to come and work for them.

gacillo2

May 29, 2009
Thanks for the answer,

I understand that work permit stream may take you faster to Canada; however, do you have an idea (order of magnitude) about a typical duration of a work permit? are we talking about months or even years? do canadian companies offer possible working period extension beyond work permit expiration so that you can renew your work permit?

And finally, could we think of the following approach: get an arranged job offer, then apply for a work permit so you get into work faster. Once your work permit is issued, apply for PR right away.

Thank you very much for your answers Leon,

Best regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gacillo2 said:
I understand that work permit stream may take you faster to Canada; however, do you have an idea (order of magnitude) about a typical duration of a work permit? are we talking about months or even years? do canadian companies offer possible working period extension beyond work permit expiration so that you can renew your work permit?
Usually a work permit is for at least a year. Sometimes they can be longer, 2 or 3 years. You and your employer can apply to renew it when it's about to expire but you will need a new LMO.

gacillo2 said:
And finally, could we think of the following approach: get an arranged job offer, then apply for a work permit so you get into work faster. Once your work permit is issued, apply for PR right away.
You don't need an AEO to do what you are suggesting. You would go for the LMO first, use the LMO to get your work permit and get a letter from your employer stating that he offers to keep you there after you get your PR. The work permit and job offer letter count as an AEO.

Of course, you are also limited by what your employer is willing to do. Some employers may not want to give you a job offer. They may want you on a work permit, like I said, because it's a control issue. He is going through some hassle to hire you so his reward is that you are stuck working for him for a while. He doesn't want to waste his time giving you a job offer so you can get PR and go somewhere else. He may offer to sponsor you through PNP after you have already worked for him for a few months. Then he knows you will have to stay with him through the duration of your PR application as well.

gacillo2

May 29, 2009
Thank you Leon,

I got the point that you don't need an AEO to get a work permit.

In addition, suppose that I apply for QSW and I start in parallel looking for a job so that I can somehow manage to match timing of both procedures.
Now suppose I get a job offer from an employer not from Quebec but from another province. Then I would eventually become eligible for FSW program so I apply for it. Than would mean that I'd be running two applications at the same time (posssible as you previously said).
Now suppose FSW stream might go faster (for any reason) so I have to make a choice: pick up FSW option or rather go for QSW. Refusing one of them could it result in a negative impact on assesment of the other one? Does CIC have this kind of information? Can CIC take actions (penalization...) on your application?

Thank you very much in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only problem I see with doing a QSW and FSW at the same time is that on one hand you are saying you are planning on settling in Quebec and on the other you are saying that you are not. I do not know if that will pose any problem though. CIC has no rules against having more than one application going at the same time, for example FSW and PNP or one old FSW and one under the new rules.