+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Work Visa guidance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone
I am looking for help from you guys please tell me how can I apply for skilled work visa ?
You cannot with a job with LMIA. Apply for jobs on Canadian job sites like Indeed. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job. Depending on the job requirements, you may need IELTS for language and ECA for education. Most if not all jobs posted will say that you must be a citizen, PR or a person with work authorization to apply so no point in applying for those jobs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have written and passed my IELTS. How can I apply for nursing jobs with it in Canada
That is not enough. Have you started NNAS certification to get provincial licensing. Then you can apply for nursing jobs. Or see if you are eligible through Express Entry based on your age, education (ECA), work experience, language and funds to immigrate.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone
I am looking for help from you guys please tell me how can I apply for skilled work visa ?
Once you have a job offer with approved LMIA that proves no Canadian or PR can do the job, then you can apply for a closed work permit. Depending on the job you may need ECA for your education and language tests..

Dico

Jul 2, 2023
Once you have a job offer with approved LMIA that proves no Canadian or PR can do the job, then you can apply for a closed work permit. Depending on the job you may need ECA for your education and language tests..
Getting a job offer entails applying for jobs online or what's exactly. Please explain further

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Getting a job offer entails applying for jobs online or what's exactly. Please explain further
Yes on Canadian online job sites. Most jobs will state up front that they will not go through the LMIA process (pay $1k and fill out all the paperwork), and will say only apply if Canadian or PR or someone with work authorization (which you don’t have).

Reactions: Dico