+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled IT professional - Aus

ourvisa

Jan 1, 2012
Hi,
I am a skilled IT professional with 7 yrs of experience. I hold Australian Resident Visa as well and have been working in Aussie for 2 yrs. Can someone guide me which visa category can I apply to be able to work in Canada. I prefer permanent visa, is it possible?

Much appreciated.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ourvisa said:
Hi,
I am a skilled IT professional with 7 yrs of experience. I hold Australian Resident Visa as well and have been working in Aussie for 2 yrs. Can someone guide me which visa category can I apply to be able to work in Canada. I prefer permanent visa, is it possible?

Much appreciated.
Why not stay permanently in Australia? It's a good country to live in, in my opinion. But if you really want to go to Canada, you can try the Provincial Nominee Program or you can arrange a job in Canada (AEO). At the moment, you are not eligible to apply thru Federal Skilled Worker Program because IT related work experience is not in the present 29 NOC list of occupation.

What's your nationality if I may ask?

ourvisa

Jan 1, 2012
giogenre said:
Why not stay permanently in Australia? It's a good country to live in, in my opinion. But if you really want to go to Canada, you can try the Provincial Nominee Program or you can arrange a job in Canada (AEO). At the moment, you are not eligible to apply thru Federal Skilled Worker Program because IT related work experience is not in the present 29 NOC list of occupation.

What's your nationality if I may ask?
Thanks for replying. No doubt Australia is a great country but my close family and friends all live in Canada. I feel so isolated in Australia. Arranging job offer for an average IT pro may be next to impossible. For the PNP, do you still have to engage an employer..or is it something you can do independently with the state. Nationality is Indian.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ourvisa said:
Thanks for replying. No doubt Australia is a great country but my close family and friends all live in Canada. I feel so isolated in Australia. Arranging job offer for an average IT pro may be next to impossible. For the PNP, do you still have to engage an employer..or is it something you can do independently with the state. Nationality is Indian.
Sorry I'm not very familiar with PNP thingy. You can visit the PNP forum also in this site. Or wait for other members to answer your query. :D

Happy New Year!

bobbasic2002

May 21, 2011
hi ourvisa,

i am also in the IT field and am currently in the process of applying for my Australian Resident Visa. would you be willing to answer a few questions about jobs availability and the visa process for Aus? You can email me at bobbasic2002 @ yahoo.com

thanks

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
u have 2 ways
1) learn french and apply quebec
2) or arrange employee

try both and let see

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
visit them often every year in Canada.
Its better to stay in Australia especially door for IT guys are closed now.

ourvisa

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks for all the replies. Hi bobbasic, I am not up to date with current australian rules as I migrated many years back.. However, there is a very helpful forum where most of the queries get answered, please post your queries at below
http www dot expatforum dot com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/
http www dot britishexpats dot com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32