+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Foreign Work Experience

mt92

Jan 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding what classifies as foreign skilled work experience. I have 2 years working as a assistant front office manager in a hotel, which I understand falls under NOC 0632.

Besides, I also have 1 year working as an Intern , where I was employed in Hotel Operations, filling management roles in different departments, full time and payed.

Would that count as skilled work experience and where would it fall into?

Thank you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding what classifies as foreign skilled work experience. I have 2 years working as a assistant front office manager in a hotel, which I understand falls under NOC 0632.

Besides, I also have 1 year working as an Intern , where I was employed in Hotel Operations, filling management roles in different departments, full time and payed.

Would that count as skilled work experience and where would it fall into?

Thank you.
Full time and paid internship does count as "work". However, you'll have to search the NOC classification to see whether your duties come under the "Skilled work" classification.

You can search the NOC here - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/OccupationIndex.aspx?ver=16

Try multiple search terms based on your job duties, title, etc. and see what NOC you fall under.

MaT29

Sep 12, 2021
Hello,

Could someone support me to answer one particular question properly in EE/FSWP eligibility questionnaire?
This is the question with regards to skilled work experience stated below:

"In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation."

If I have experience in one particular NOC as follows:
- May 2020 - August 2021
- Sept 2014 - Dec 2017
Total: 4 years 8 months

1. For this question, can I choose Four to Five years as my experience is within one NOC (as my primary occupation), even though it was interrupted while I was holding different occupation (different NOC) in between?
2. Can I also add this different NOC for CRS points later on and will I be granted additional points for it (other than my primary occupation NOC)?

Thank you in advance, I would very much appreciate your help!