+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sisters TRV refused

kirank2266

May 11, 2017
hello there, i am PR in canada since 4 years and applied for my sisters trv on april 3/2017 through an agent and last week we got a refusal letter.

Reason for refusals are on second page Other Reasons is ticked:

Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, i am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of admission as a temporary resident in Canada.

We provided every document including bank statements and job letter from both sides. Agent asked for 1 month of stay in Canada which is too much in my opinion as he said it should be ok.

I will be reapplying by my self now and i will include day to day itinerary. please let me know what else i could include to make this case stronger. we would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hello there, i am PR in canada since 4 years and applied for my sisters trv on april 3/2017 through an agent and last week we got a refusal letter.

Reason for refusals are:

- the information in the travel and identity documents
- length of stay in Canada
- the reason for the travel to Canada
- the person contacts in Canada
- the persons ties to his or her country of residents
- the persons ability to pay for trip and support him or her self
- whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission in Canada
- whether the person will be likely to leave Canada
- whether the person is inadmissible in Canada

We provided every document including bank statements and job letter from both sides. Agent asked for 1 month of stay in Canada which is too much in my opinion as he said it should be ok.

I will be reapplying by my self now and i will include day to day itinerary. please let me know what else i could include to make this case stronger. we would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Hi,

1. What was the purpose of her visit?

2. Do post the complete list of documents which she had submitted + your documents as the host

3. Her personal situation: Is she married/single? Owns property? Lives with dependent family members? Has she traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen?

Cheers

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
- the information in the travel and identity documents
- length of stay in Canada
- the reason for the travel to Canada
- the person contacts in Canada
- the persons ties to his or her country of residents
- the persons ability to pay for trip and support him or her self
- whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission in Canada
- whether the person will be likely to leave Canada
- whether the person is inadmissible in Canada
These are not official reasons. Please post the actual ones

please let me know what else i could include to make this case stronger. we would really appreciate your help.
You need to provide much more detail. For example: "the persons ability to pay for trip and support him or her self" how much money does the applicant have? how much was showed? what are her income sources? etc.

The more you elaborate the more we can help you.

kirank2266

May 11, 2017
Hi,

1. What was the purpose of her visit?

2. Do post the complete list of documents which she had submitted + your documents as the host

3. Her personal situation: Is she married/single? Owns property? Lives with dependent family members? Has she traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen?

Cheers
1. Just wanted her to visit for summer break
2. every thing from emplyment letter to bank statement of $5000 CDN. From my side we submitted all paystubs from me and my husband and employment letter. Bank statement of $10775.
3. she is single and 23yrs old and which might be the main reason of refusal thats what i think.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Just wanted her to visit for summer break
2. every thing from emplyment letter to bank statement of $5000 CDN. From my side we submitted all paystubs from me and my husband and employment letter. Bank statement of $10775.
3. she is single and 23yrs old and which might be the main reason of refusal thats what i think.
You'll have to elaborate on the *everything* that she submitted + do post the answers to my questions.

Also, as Jalex23 has mentioned, you'll have to let us know which refusal boxes were checked

kirank2266

May 11, 2017
You'll have to elaborate on the *everything* that she submitted + do post the answers to my questions.

Also, as Jalex23 has mentioned, you'll have to let us know which refusal boxes were checked
okay sure.

Applicants files -

1. employment letter
2. bank statement stating and stamped that she has $5000 cdn in her account
3. vacation letter
4. college certificates
5. pp copy as proof of relation ship
6. Police clearance

Sponsors files -

1. employment letter both husband and mine
2. pay stubs from both of us
3. notice of assessment from 2016
4. bank statement
5. marriage certificate
6. child birth certificate
7. my pr card and pp copy

She is single and she has no travel history as she did not get chance to travel or never had any reason for travel. All her family is in india with her, Dad, mom and brother.

on second page Other Reasons is ticked:
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, i am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of admission as a temporary resident in Canada.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Not sure why your sister included her college certificates + Police clearance as these are not required for a TRV unless requested by the visa office.

2. Was the CAD 5,000 earned by her i.e. not transferred/borrowed from someone else?

3. If her employer has allowed her a one month visit = Weak employment ties

4. Did she prepare a plan/itinerary of what she intends to do during her visit?

5. Since how long has she been working at her current employment?

6. Are your parents and brother dependent on your sister financially or for their well-being?

kirank2266

May 11, 2017
1. Not sure why your sister included her college certificates + Police clearance as these are not required for a TRV unless requested by the visa office.

2. Was the CAD 5,000 earned by her i.e. not transferred/borrowed from someone else?

3. If her employer has allowed her a one month visit = Weak employment ties

4. Did she prepare a plan/itinerary of what she intends to do during her visit?

5. Since how long has she been working at her current employment?

6. Are your parents and brother dependent on your sister financially or for their well-being?

1. My agent asked me to show her college certificates just to let officers know that she is well educated and same goes for police clearance just to let them know shes has no criminal records.

2. CAD 5000 was earned by her not transferred or borrowed.

3. no she did not prepare any itinerary since our agent told us its not necessary.

4. It has been more than a year now at her current job.

5. as for finance my sister has her own account, parents are not dependent on my sister.

please let us know how to get her approved. your help is really appreciated.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You have not given much information about your sister's situation or the documents/evidence which she had submitted.

It still does not make sense why the agent asked her to submit her college certificates + PCC because these documents are not typical of a visitor visa application. Visa officers do not consider *well educated* as a criterion to issue visitor visas, whereas a PCC indicates she had plans to remain long-term in Canada.

The visa officer was not convinced about her employment + her financial situation (which incidentally are her only strong ties).

For example, she should have submitted 3-4 months salary slips + Income Tax Returns to prove the bank balance matches the income stated by her.

Another point: Typically, employers do not allow one month vacations unless your sister is working in a company/business/institute that permits vacations of this length.

I suggest you order GCMS notes to know the real reasons for her refusal

kirank2266

May 11, 2017
You have not given much information about your sister's situation or the documents/evidence which she had submitted.

It still does not make sense why the agent asked her to submit her college certificates + PCC because these documents are not typical of a visitor visa application. Visa officers do not consider *well educated* as a criterion to issue visitor visas, whereas a PCC indicates she had plans to remain long-term in Canada.

The visa officer was not convinced about her employment + her financial situation (which incidentally are her only strong ties).

For example, she should have submitted 3-4 months salary slips + Income Tax Returns to prove the bank balance matches the income stated by her.

Another point: Typically, employers do not allow one month vacations unless your sister is working in a company/business/institute that permits vacations of this length.

I suggest you order GCMS notes to know the real reasons for her refusal

Thank you for your help, yes I have already ordered GCMS notes. I will post them once I receive them. Thank you again for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.