+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP visa application sent off but now want Permenant residence instead

Elle

Feb 2, 2010
Hi everyone. Please please please can someone help me as i dont know what to do :(

i am a permenant residence and been here since july 2009, i came over with my partner who had an open work permit. He applied for a saskatchewan skilled worker visa and sent off the papers in November 2009. The problem we are now having is the visa is linked to his job which he no longer enjoys and we are now wanting to move to a city in saskatchewan as we are feeling trapped and isolated in the countryside and basically not very happy. we are planning to marry in the spring and would like to buy a house etc but cant as he is not a permenant resident.... we are now wanting to try to apply to get a PR card so we can move and also buy a house and try to be happy again.

is there a fast way to get a Perm Res visa for him and will the skilled work visa effect getting one. ive been informed that it is quicker to get a visa when outside of canada (eg london england) is this true? also, would we be able to send the application to england and have it processed there while we are in canada?

sorry for that being so long winded :)

please can someone help me. thank you
Elle x

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Elle said:
Hi everyone. Please please please can someone help me as i dont know what to do :(

i am a permenant residence and been here since july 2009, i came over with my partner who had an open work permit. He applied for a saskatchewan skilled worker visa and sent off the papers in November 2009. The problem we are now having is the visa is linked to his job which he no longer enjoys and we are now wanting to move to a city in saskatchewan as we are feeling trapped and isolated in the countryside and basically not very happy. we are planning to marry in the spring and would like to buy a house etc but cant as he is not a permenant resident.... we are now wanting to try to apply to get a PR card so we can move and also buy a house and try to be happy again.

is there a fast way to get a Perm Res visa for him and will the skilled work visa effect getting one. ive been informed that it is quicker to get a visa when outside of canada (eg london england) is this true? also, would we be able to send the application to england and have it processed there while we are in canada?
You can apply for him as a common law (spousal) family application or alternatively wait until you are married and apply for a spousal application (much easier). You can apply from within Canada but as an outland applicant through London UK. I don't believe having a TWP will affect the application, and at least it would mean he can remain whilst his PR application is in process. Do bear in mind that if you apply through London he may have to return for interview. You could apply as an Inland applicant however, it does tend to take longer and your partner would be advised not to leave the country until PR status is given.

Just because he isn't a permanant resident doesn't mean he cannot buy a house, however, they are unlikely to take his income into consideration if he has a temporary work permit.

Elle

Feb 2, 2010
Thanks Siouxie for your help. I think we might go down the london application route as i have heard the time scale is a lot quicker, plus i dont like the fact you cant leave the country till pr card is granted.

so do you not think having a provincial nomination visa application in the process will effect application for a permanent residence visa? does it matter if you have 2 visa applications in process?

once again thank you for youe help
Elle :D

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
I don't believe it would cause a problem. I have been looking for the reference I saw before (where it states that it is ok but when PR is granted the person must choose which program to land under) but I can't find it.

I did find a reference to it in the FAQ for Alberta provincial nominee program that says:

"...Can I apply as a Candidate under the AINP family stream if I already have a Skilled Worker Class application for permanent residence in process?

Yes. The decision to apply to both programs is up to you. However, depending on the processing status of the Skilled Worker Class application for permanent residence, there may or may not be an advantage to applying to both programs..."

If I can find the other reference I will post it.

:)