+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP questions

billysheng

Jan 14, 2015
Hello everyone, how's everything going?

My name is Billy. I am now holding a 3-year post graduate working permit. Recently, I got an job offer from an employer in Saskatchewan. He said he had helped many students before and could help me with the SINP and could provide any documents i need when i apply the SINP. the employer has sent me the copy of the cerrification which shows he can hire international employeea. I am now struggling whether i should take the job or not.

Here are my questions.
1)If I go to SA and try to apply the SINP, which category can I have other that students? It is ridiculous to apply under students as I need to work there for 2 years. I only hold a 3-year post graduate work permit and i do not think I think finish all the procedures within one year--you know what i mean, the canada government is so slow. Besides, no one knows what will happen 2 years later. The government are changing policies all the time.

2)OK, lets assume that I can apply the existing working permit sub-category. What the hell is that SINP job approval letter? What does it look like? What is the procedure should be? pls dont just copy the website. I can easily find them. I need some one to explain it. Thank you.
In my opinion, the whole process will work like this:
a) I take the offer
b) I work for some time. In this case, under existing working permit, 6 months.
c) As soon as i work for 6 months, the employer apply the SINP job approval letter.
d) we wait for the result of the letter. lets assume 1 month.
e) I apply the SINP. At that time, I have actually worked 7 months.
Is that correct? Can the employer apply the SINP job approval letter when I have worked for 3 months so that I can apply the SINP once I have worked for 6 months?

3) Actually this problem is still about that job approval letter. what does it mean by saying:The job approval letter is eligible for six months after date of issue.
If this must be done before the employer offers me the job, that 6 months will never enough for me to get SINP.

I have become crazy about that...can anyone tell me about that?

By the way, it is said now it is easier to get PNP in BC other that SA, is it true?

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
billysheng said:
no one can help me? pls!!!
Hi

Can you give me some more information about your education and experience where you completed i mean in which province?

which type of job offer you got in saskatchewan ?

what does it mean if I go to SA ?

Thanks

Thanks

billysheng

Jan 14, 2015
aquarius1 said:
Hi
Can you give me some more information about your education and experience where you completed i mean in which province?
which type of job offer you got in saskatchewan ?
what does it mean if I go to SA ?
Thanks
Thanks
i am in toronto. i finished my accounting diploma last december in ontario.
i got a food store supervisor NOC6212 from the job offer. i just wonder which category i can choose because the employer said it is ok to change the title as long as it is reasonable.
For example, can i choose Hospitality Sector Project Sub-Category or Existing Work Permit Sub-Category or must i choose student?
by the way, does anyone knows what the hell is the job approval letter and how it works?

i got some info from the official website:
Step 1: Obtain SINP approval for the position
In order to obtain SINP approval for the position, start with a job description. A well-developed job description of the position you are hiring for helps both you and the job-seeker to clearly understand what you need.

This step will prepare you for writing your job offer letter in Step 4.

Outline the skills, knowledge and abilities you require for the position, for example:
Education requirements
Work experience
Language skills
Daily Duties and responsibilities
You will then need to determine the National Occupation Code. Find the job for which you’d like to hire in the NOC matrix. This step will prepare you for writing your job offer letter in Step 4.

Finally, determine the salary. Employers who hire immigrant workers must offer salaries that match Canadian standards in that occupation. To find out what the typical salary ranges are for the positions and occupations that you are planning to hire, visit Job Bank. This step will prepare you for writing your job offer letter in Step 4.
The job approval letter is eligible for six months after date of issue.

Step 2: Complete the online job approval application

Step 3: Search internationally
Select the country(ies) that you are interested in recruiting from. Advertise and receive résumés or travel to the country to conduct interviews. Select candidates for hire. Learn more about how to recruit workers.

Ask the SINP at immigrationemployer@gov.sk.ca

Step 4: Prepare a job offer letter
Send the person you are interested in hiring a signed written offer of permanent, full-time employment to the applicant in an occupation that falls into the National Occupation Codes (NOC) level 0, A or B on the NOC matrix or a Designated Trade. The letter should include:
The job title and a description of duties and responsibilities.
The salary the applicant will receive and that matches Saskatchewan standards in that occupation.
The benefits the employer will provide.
The company's contact information on company letterhead.

Step 5: The worker applies to the SINP
The worker submits their application and the letter of offer you have provided to the SINP. Once they are nominated, they will apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for a permanent resident visa. Please note that in some cases, the worker can also apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for a temporary work permit that will allow them to start working before their permanent residence is approved. The SINP will send nominees a work permit support letter that can be used to apply for a temporary work permit after nomination.

so can someone tell me which should go first? the employer get the JAL first or should I work first and then he get the letter? because the validation of the letter is only 6 months, i do not really know what is that 6 months mean. the employer need to hire some one in 6 months? or the worker like me must submit the application of SINP during 6 months period? or any other explanation?

Thank you very much for any help.

Acharya

Apr 6, 2015
Hi billysheng,

I have same confusion about six months. Also what is JAL..?

If you get the chance reply me thank you.

oddu

Dec 12, 2014
Hi billy,

I got the same issue. i finished my studies in toronto recently and planning to move to saskatchewan. i got job in SK as food supervisor bt very confused to go for it or not coz m nt sure exactly howlong do i need to work to apply for SINP. if u get any info plz share here. i have same questions in my mind nd looking for ans everywhr.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi every one, i had been nominated under SNIP (9/2015), and i also send my Nomination with Work permit support letter to CIC to open work permit (processing time ~ 5months), Does anyone has the same timeline with me? i applied outside canada, Will CIC just process my Application or review it again? When will i have to take medical examination? Someone had told that the work permit support letter only for whose inside Canada, i'm relly worried @@